Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Need Mac help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chunger
Hello,

My G4 500 has been a good computer for quite a while, but it's decided to die last night. Hard drive failure. . . goes clack-werrrr clack-werrrrrrrr clack-werrrrrrrrrr. I ordered up a new ATA 100 drive, but was wondering if there's anyone in the club in the bay area works on Macs.

I need to do a fresh OS install on a fresh drive, and I've never done it before. I could probably figure out how to do it myself, but it would probably go smoother with someone who knew what they were actually doing.

screwy.gif

I'll cook you some ribeye. ... red meat for computer help. . . oh, and we can play with legos while you're here.
-'Chung
sj914
From what I remember, just stick the OS cd in and press c while it's booting up.
SirAndy
QUOTE (sj914 @ Mar 17 2005, 04:55 PM)
From what I remember, just stick the OS cd in and press c while it's booting up.

ah, the good old IIfx days ... biggrin.gif

you got a system CD or external HD or zip-disk with a OS lying around?
if so, i can do it ...

beerchug.gif Andy
McMark
Yeah, boot up with the CD in and hold down the C key. It'll start from the CD and you'll just install. Call me if you have any questions. I can't come and visit, but I can talk you through it over the phone if you have trouble.

707-738-5686
chunger
cool deal.

I've got an os9 install on a firewire drive that I used for file redundancy. . . the system was using OS X 10.15 so half of new stuff didn't work anyways. I'm going to find a copy of 10.3 somewhere to get the thing working again. I'll give you a call, andy when I gather up all the stuff.

-'Chung
anthony
Definitely get 10.3. It's a huge upgrade. And it's really as easy as booting from the CD.
jfort
hold out for a month and buy Tiger
bd1308
OMG!!!!! I LOVE MACS. I will never go back to microsoft....well at least as far as laptops are concerned. Still kinda like my athlon 2600+ or maybe i just have to sit at one of the G5's on campus for awhile wub.gif . Anyway, how long will it take for my OS X 10.3.8 to become obselete..?
TravisNeff
Here.. wanna be a mac??

Mac me a MAC
TravisNeff
If you have a pop up blocker you need to free up www.yaromat.de

You can find your old OS in the trash bin.
fiid
I have a Panther (10.3)disc. I can do it. Picking a time might be a challenge - but we can work something out.

ArtechnikA
QUOTE (chunger @ Mar 17 2005, 07:51 PM)
Hard drive failure. . . goes clack-werrrr clack-werrrrrrrr clack-werrrrrrrrrr.

probably a virus. that's the sound they make in those TV commercials ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.