Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuses
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gulf908
I have just had a minor fright in my May 1970 914-6.
On my regular Sunday am drive,the generator light came on full red.
After driving straight home (two blocks) I checked the fan belt - ok.
My next thoughts were the alternator (rebuilt less than 2 years ago) and the regulator - condition unknown.
The rest of the dash lights/tach weren't working however.
Off to the mechanics last Thursday and the upshot was an instrument panel fuse that had corroded after 45 years of use.
My car has seen little regular type maintenance for 10 + years due to little road time before I bought it from TX about 2 years ago.

Q - are there any other 'hidden' fuses around the car that can strand me ? eg a fuel pump fuse
(apart from the fuses under the dash)

TIA
Dennis smile.gif

TheCabinetmaker
There is a fuel pump fuse on the relay board in a 4 not sure about a six. You should remove all fuses and carefully clean the holders with a small wire brush
mepstein
You can get a pack of red, blue and white fuses on eBay for $10.

You can also buy a used fuse panel for about $30. Clean it with a brush and vinegar, and then replace it with your old one wire by wire.
GregAmy
I had the same exact fright, 25 miles from home at night, with no one around to cover me. Turns out I bumped the fuse panel and dropped out the fuse.

I will be replacing my panel with one of these in come springtime...

https://www.jwesteng.com/shop/electrical-91...-fuse-box-.html

IPB Image
Cairo94507
This is one area where I think modernization is really a safety necessity. I have Scotty installing the J West fuse block in my car to improve reliability and safety.

https://www.jwesteng.com/shop/electrical-91...-fuse-box-.html
toolguy
Clean all your ground lugs and connections as a precaution while
everything is working. . including the transmission strap.
under dash above fuse tray , by both headlights, by rear relay board, and the battery
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.