Full Version: Porsche Panamera
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
larryp
Honestly, I think it is beautiful.

Panamera
Joe Bob
Ahh another affordable yuppiemobile.... dry.gif
aircooledboy
I like it too. I don't see any reason Porsche can't build an a$$ kickin' sedan like Jag or BMW (which I'm just as unlikely to ever own).
ppickerell
Look it's a four door Gayman.
mightyohm
I think it's hilarious when they apply rear engine car styling to a front engine car.

Anything Porsche since 1997... doesn't exist.

(saying three times, clicking heels)
ChrisReale
right when I saw the picture i thought of the 928. Funny, cuz thats kind of the market they are going for with it. Its ok, I would drive it, but prolly wouldn't buy it
i love porsche
is it official that it will be a 4 door?? sad.gif
KaptKaos
looks like it has suicide doors.

i hate the new names, i hate the water cooling and........ and, aw just forget it.
Gustl
n'other pic - different back doors

Demick
Pic of the red car from the front looks good!

But the back is fugly.

Kind of funny - I think the front of the Cayenne is butt-ugly, but it looks good from the back.

Maybe the styling department leapfroged each other.

I'm betting that like the Cayenne/Touareg, the VW version will have better styling.

Demick
Gustl
QUOTE (Demick @ Mar 18 2005, 06:50 AM)
I'm betting that like the Cayenne/Touareg, the VW version will have better styling.

agree.gif I really like the Touareg - much more than the Cayenne

I mean, just from the design
I didn't drove the Touareg yet, but the Cayenne cool.gif
joea9146
I like it without the Suicide doors
Demick
For quick readers, it's going to be hard to distinguish the car from the magazine

Porsche Panorama
Porsche Panamera

Howard
I like it, too, especially Gustl's pic without the suicide doors. SUV's are already more than half of Porsche's sales, and they need a 4 door to achieve the volumes to become a major manufacturer. In 10 years I'll bet 2 seaters are less than 20% of their production. Good news or bad news???
Gustl
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 18 2005, 04:21 PM)
In 10 years I'll bet 2 seaters are less than 20% of their production.  Good news or bad news???

the benefit for us guys could be, that a Porsche 2 seater (or 2 door) will be a rare thing again biggrin.gif
djm914-6
IMO, we need yuppies so we can afford to buy cool used cars in 15-30 years.

While I was quick to jump on the "I hate the New Porsche" bandwagon, I have descided that I like the new cars as much as the old ones. I can't afford most cars anyway, so it doesn't matter to Porsche at all what I like.

Personnaly, I like the Cayenne over the VW Touareg. It looks more unique in the sea of wanna be SUVs. I also like the new (99-now) 911s and Boxsters. This new sedan looks kinda cool. Think of it not as parked in front of the County Club, but bearing down on you on the highway at 100+mph.

I think that Porsche needed to go with names VS numbers, that's what people remember. Time carries on, things change. Caymen... a cute little reptile that'll bite ya if your not careful.
GTeener
Another silly name screwy.gif

What ever happened to this design?
theol00
It is a very cool looking car - wonder how much it will cost?
JmuRiz
Remember guys these are all photshops, we don't know what it'l really look like. Still strange to see an SUV and now a 4 door Porsche...I thought VWs were for that. confused24.gif
BMartin914
It's pretty much been downhill since the demise of the air-cooled engines. IMHO
scottb
i have always been a fan of and wanted a 928.

once ed mcmahon knocks on my door with the oversized check, i would buy one of these.

i think it looks great.

beats the hell out of the minivan that is staring me down as my next car purchase! sad.gif ar15.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (GTeener @ Mar 18 2005, 07:39 PM)

What ever happened to this design?

hey, you mixed up two different cars!

watching your pics I remembered that there already was a 4 door Porsche
back in 1989 Porsche built the 989, but it never came to production
your picture in the middle shows this car
4.2 L V8, water cooled, 344 PS
this car exixts, as far as I know in the Porsche Museum

here are links with a little info:
The Four Door Porsche
989 Overview
989 Technical Specifications
GTeener
Well the 989 looks better than this one so far...
Gustl
agree.gif
KaptKaos
Porsche's goal is to become the main car the people drive, not the second or third car. Clearly the pepper-wagon has helped them in this regard. Adding a sedan that can run with the M5 and the AMG Benzes is an awesome goal. Too bad the name sucks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.