Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: basketweave source
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty b
I know this has been a topic before, and the last disscussion I remember, Dr. Evil was on the trail of a source for the vinyl basketweave. Did he ever find it and does anyone know where to get it? confused24.gif This is not going to be for a stock application so I'm not trying to take anyones business here. I know it is out there because someone sells kits on e-bay for the doors and dash. I just don't have the endless hours headbang.gif to search on line. Help Please sad.gif
morph
We have sourced it, and we cannot beat the prices of the person who sells on e-bay. It would be fairly easy to find, just go to your local upholstery supply places and ask to see their german stuff. There are several forms of basketweave, so I reccomend taking a swatch with you. More than likely, they will need to order it and won't have any in stock.
McMark
agree.gif An upholstery shop should be able to get it. If you can't find I can source it at a local upholstery shop.
Martin Baker
All you will ever need to know, I bought enough to a dash face, for $15.00 plus shipping...

http://www.autosintl.com/
David Mueller
I bought some a while back from a place in CA - they may still have it available...I bought enought material to recover two seats - I think it was a yard and half...

Autos International Inc - 1236 B simpson Way - Escondido CA - Ph 760 737 3565

Not sure if they are still around as this was from 1999...

Good luck -

It was really nice material - german matched basket weave -
horizontally-opposed
Local shop had the correct pattern in LEATHER!!!!! It was amazing!

Sadly, it was spoken for....

Anyone know where to find more?

pete
Dr Evil
I can get it. It is $25 a yard if you need it. Just let me know wavey.gif
736conver
These guys have the OEM stuff. Last time they ran out it wasnt in for 3 months. They were also $25 a yard.

GAHH Inc.
8116 Lankershim Blvd
North Hollywood, California
FAX: 1-818-767-2786 E-MAIL: gahh@gahh.com
Phone (818)767-6242
www.gahh.com
morph
We order it from an upholstery wholesale place, they order it from California, so by the time It gets to us the cost is a bit more than $25.

HIEDI
736conver
Sounds like you need to cut out one of the middle men.

Gahh has always been good to me. Quick shipping too.
Dr Evil
Oh ya, my price INCLUDES shipping to the lower 48 idea.gif
mightyohm
Dr. Evil's stuff is the real deal, or pretty darn close to it. I have butt pads that look like new now. Thanks Mike. biggrin.gif
Seagrave
I bought some several years ago from Performance Products. Several years ago is probably eons in reality. I also have a new catalog from Mid America Motor works which offers enough to do 2 door panels for $80. Add $60 (Achtung!) if you want vinyl from Germany. Gotta be a Pebble Beach Judge to tell the difference though.
Dr Evil
Here is a teaser for ya'll. These are some ratty core seats that I had redone for a client. They look new!
smg914
Nice work Mike!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.