Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 17 miles per gallon....no bueno!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9won4
72 1.7l with original FI....majority of this last reading done on freeway miles.
TheCabinetmaker
Your running full rich. Ohm your head temp sensor and put the vacuum gauge on the mps. That sucker should get 35
76-914
That or, your return line is crimped/blocked.
mepstein
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Jan 18 2016, 09:35 AM) *

Your running full rich. Ohm your head temp sensor and put the vacuum gauge on the mps. That sucker should get 35

agree.gif
Make sure wire hasn't loosened from cold start injector
larss
Check MPS for holding vacuum.

Lars S
McMark
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 18 2016, 08:30 AM) *

agree.gif

The wire doesn't matter. See this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=271136

But the valve could theoretically stick open, although that's an unlikely failure mode. It's far more likely to stick shut.
r_towle
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 18 2016, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jan 18 2016, 08:30 AM) *

agree.gif

The wire doesn't matter. See this thread: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=271136

But the valve could theoretically stick open, although that's an unlikely failure mode. It's far more likely to stick shut.

Mine was open, just sayin.
porschetub
QUOTE(9won4 @ Jan 19 2016, 03:14 AM) *

72 1.7l with original FI....majority of this last reading done on freeway miles.

Don't continue driving it like this,have you checked the oil level,sooner or latter you will get fuel in the oil,not to mention the issue of bore washing which causes damage to pistons ,rings and bores.
Tom_T
All above are good places to look, but it's also worth a check of all your fuel lines to make sure some of that mpg isn't leaks! Both the soft lines (rubber) & the hard lines - esp. the plastic ones in the tunnel - check entire system fuel tank to EFI system/injectors.

Just sayin'! confused24.gif

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
9won4
Thank you all for the suggestions! I'm gonna dig in and see what I can find. I'll keep you all posted...Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.