Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daytona 24 & Sebring
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
wndsrfr
I'm in at Chin's event at Sebring on Saturday & Sunday and it turns out that the 24 Hours at Daytona is running that weekend. Hmmmmm......Drive Chin, go to Daytona to check it out, back to Sebring for Sunday.....feasible, stupid, what? Tempting.....advice on how to work it out & where to stay to be able to get to Sebring track at 0730 Sunday?
ThePaintedMan
Definitely can be done, but it's work. I was in Daytona for the SCCA National Runoffs this past year, but had a Chumpcar race the next morning at Sebring. It's about a 2.5 hour drive from Daytona to Sebring without traffic. I would get the car ready for Sunday before leaving Sebring on Saturday. That way all you need to do is eat breakfast and fire it up.
Cracker
You asked John...stupid. I'm a big believer in driving on track with a clear mind and rested body (as much as possible). Stay in Sebring and get a good night of rest. You (and others on the track) will benefit...have fun!

Tony
wndsrfr
Right you are Tony.....can't get through Orlando without an act of congress....took a full hour on the way down. BUT, here's what I did instead.....stopped by Daytona on the way down I95 for three hours today & got an infield pass--watched the Ferrari challenge & some of the Continental Challenge & then headed down to Sebring. Also dropped by the Porsche team trailers in the garage walk zone & chatted a bit with them....found that Sabine Schmizz is driving in the 24--too cool! Now ready to hit the track at Sebring tomorrow with Chin group.Click to view attachment
Oh yeah...here's my new trailer art...photo from my Daytona DE blown up on a vinyl wrap....Click to view attachment
Cracker
John - Have a great time! Also, why don't you come down to RA in late February and run with us there too. It is also with Chin...would be great to have another 914 there. Again, enjoy the time at Sebring.

Tony
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
The vinyl wrap is SWEET! Great idea!
Mr. Olympic Blue 2 You
The vinyl wrap is SWEET! Great idea!
bulitt
Such a void now that Speedvision is gone. Limited coverage on Fox Sprt 1 ?
What is this series called now? Daytona 24? Rolex 24? IMSA, Tudor? USCC?
WTF.gif
carr914
It's the IMSA WeatherTech Series. The race is the Rolex 24 @ Daytona as it has been for years.

And the TV Coverage has been very Good.It started on Fox Sports 1, then went to Fox Sports 2 until 10 pm (when Cameras don't do it justice),them IMSA.com thru the night.

The coverage just came back on FS1 to a Glorious Sunrise. It will switch back to FS2 for a few hours and then back to FS1 from 1pm to the finish.

driving.gif

Click to view attachment
Jetsetsurfshop
driving.gif
My pictures are always upside down when I post from the phone. Sorry.
bulitt
IMSA Weathertech Tudor Patron USCC Rolex 24 hrs of Daytona lol-2.gif

I shoulda guessed that. blink.gif
wndsrfr
QUOTE(Jetsetsurfshop @ Jan 31 2016, 09:50 AM) *

driving.gif
My pictures are always upside down when I post from the phone. Sorry.

Thanks Shane...Nice meeting you at Sebring...had a great time & made a couple of 2:40 laps with lots of sliding on 14 thru 17 & also turn 1.....yikes! driving.gif
Jetsetsurfshop
Nice meeting you too. Wish I had some more time to hang out. I ended up helping out all day with my buddy vette. We plan on doing a VIR trip some day soon. I'll let you know before we go. beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.