Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front Decklid Cable Release Housing.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
I can't find a new front deck release housing.

I ran a part number and found one at Sierra Madre Collection, but it's not original and it doesn't work. They made theirs from Home Depot ice maker supply line, and although it does fit, it's too soft to resist the pull force to release the deck latch.

So don't buy one of those. Boo.
Tom_T
QUOTE(Series9 @ Jan 18 2016, 08:27 AM) *

I ran a part number and found one at Sierra Madre Collection, but it's not original and it doesn't work. They made theirs from Home Depot ice maker supply line, and although it does fit, it's too soft to resist the pull force to release the deck latch.

Joe,

If you haven't already done so, shoot an email to their owner George/Jorge about the problem, & suggest they go to stronger steel tubing - probably SS from one of the SoCal "tube-benders" who make repro classic car brake lines could make them for him.

I think Jorge really wants to have quality parts, but sometimes good intentions get clouded by the "hey I can do this easily with....." bad ideas! sad.gif

Jorge has been a good supporter of the classic Porsche crowd for 356, 911/912/930 & 914-6/4 & of our Zone 8 PCA events here in SoCal, & is a good guy.

Thanx for the heads-up! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
SS won't work. Has to be flexible to run through the light bucket and over the fender.
r_towle
Brake line
ejm
914 Rubber
Series9
QUOTE(ejm @ Jan 18 2016, 03:41 PM) *

Why I didn't check 914rubber is beyond me. Thanks.
Series9
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 18 2016, 01:46 PM) *

QUOTE(Series9 @ Jan 18 2016, 08:27 AM) *

Joe,

If you haven't already done so, shoot an email to their owner George/Jorge about the problem, & suggest they go to stronger steel tubing - probably SS from one of the SoCal "tube-benders" who make repro classic car brake lines could make them for him.

I think Jorge really wants to have quality parts, but sometimes good intentions get clouded by the "hey I can do this easily with....." bad ideas! sad.gif

Jorge has been a good supporter of the classic Porsche crowd for 356, 911/912/930 & 914-6/4 & of our Zone 8 PCA events here in SoCal, & is a good guy.

Thanx for the heads-up! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////

Thanks for that information about them.

I've sent two emails with no response, so we shall see.
Series9
I just sent a third email to Sierra Madre Collection.

It's only $40, but they are not responding at all.

I bet they respond if I call my credit card company....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.