Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dragging it out
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
So,

Still no deal yet, though we are close. he says he was offered 3500 as is, and i'm still feeling like its a ALMOST too much for the car. I would like to buy it though, as the only rust that needs to be fixed that i could find, after rolling around under it, is in the front drip channels right there at the head lights. 2 inch spot on the left and right with pinholes but no major rot. A small bubble in the paint at the windsheild corner. Surface rust only in the battery area and lower structure, couldn't find any holes. So here's the rundown

not original paint, that has some bubbling and scratches and a couple dings, would polish nice.
panels fit nice, body is straight, and the interior is good.
still haven't heard it run
brakes are all rusty and no idea how the car drives.
rotten tires

$3500

opinions please? I'm on the fence as i kind of thought $2500.

davep
IF the body is really solid, then the chassis alone may be worth the $3500. Think of how much bodywork costs. There really are very few solid chassis out there.
markb
I don't know....I'd wait & hear how it runs. There are too many good running cars for that price in your neck of the woods to get in too much of a hurry. I always go with my first instinct. It sounds like yours was that it's not worth 3500. I'd go with that & keep looking. Just my .02
xsboost90
i paid 4000 for mine, i got to drive it though. Needed plenty of work plus some rust work, still very worth it. Porsche motto, pay as little as possible for as much as possible. 3500 would be a good price though.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.