Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone in Washington Live Near Moses Lake?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VWTortuga336
If there is anyone in WA who lives by Moses Lake, please let me know. I have another potential lead on a car...
Todd Enlund
QUOTE(VWTortuga336 @ Jan 18 2016, 07:41 PM) *

If there is anyone in WA who lives by Moses Lake, please let me know. I have another potential lead on a car...

Moses Hole is pretty remote. Your odds are slim.
jpk
I live on the west side of the mountains! I will over there in a month or so? What is the lead on?
jpk
5gtqw-5376936310%40sale.craigslist.org

check out this one in the pdx
aircooledtechguy
If it's that red one on CL, Sir Andy should know about it; It looks like he took the photos. . . poke.gif

lol-2.gif
VWTortuga336
Sorry about that, I meant to post the link originally

http://moseslake.craigslist.org/cto/5406522657.html

Something seems off on this one though. I keep asking for more (non-blurry) pics and they say "here's some more pics" in emails and it's the same ones. They also told me they can't take any more pics because the car is at their shop. About 5 minutes after that email I get another saying I need to hurry up and buy it because they are showing it as they type the email... this one seems like another dead end CL waste of time...
rhodyguy
What a shitty ad. I wouldn't expect any less from the car. Don't think the owner is the type to pull rockers. Keeping looking. Your next car is just waiting for you to find it. The 'as I type' doesn't pass the sniff test. What? He's hot to strike a deal with someone coming to look at it? What about the car fs in Texas?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 19 2016, 11:37 AM) *

What a shitty ad. I wouldn't expect any less from the car. Don't think the owner is the type to pull rockers. Keeping looking. Your next car is just waiting for you to find it. The 'as I type' doesn't pass the sniff test. What? He's hot to strike a deal with someone coming to look at it? What about the car fs in Texas?

agree.gif No Kidding what a shitty ad. screwy.gif
billh1963
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 19 2016, 12:37 PM) *

The 'as I type' doesn't pass the sniff test. What? He's hot to strike a deal with someone coming to look at it?

Yes...walk away from this one.

There is NO excuse for crappy pictures these days when every phone has a good quality camera and digital cameras are cheap.

I always laugh at high pressure sales tactics....they are your biggest red flag to walk away
Mueller
No comment on the car, but are you asking any of the sellers 1st if they will be willing to accommodate if you are planning to have the car picked up and shipped?

It would be a bummer to have someone look at a car and either the seller not willing to help or even worse no access for a truck and trailer.

VWTortuga336
Definitely running away from this one.

Yes, that is one of the first things I mention to the seller is that I am not local and will be using a shipping company to transport the car. If they say they don't want to deal with that, I move on.
SirAndy
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Jan 19 2016, 06:29 AM) *
If it's that red one on CL, Sir Andy should know about it; It looks like he took the photos. . . poke.gif

blink.gif
914junkie
http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/5376936310.html
I don't know anything about this 914 but it's been listed for a few weeks and it's about 10 miles from my house. If you're interested, I can check it out. I've been kind of curious myself as to what kind of rust is lurking beneath. confused24.gif
~ Paul
rhodyguy
Love the trash in the interior.
VWTortuga336
It is the deal of the century after all...
rhodyguy
What about the Texas car?
VWTortuga336
Which one?
rhodyguy
The one 'grandpa Walter' has listed in the classifieds.
Unobtanium-inc
Yeah, anytime people get pushy about "you better hurry up" when you start asking for more pics or have real questions, the red flags should go up.
Porsches aren't cheap, and I like my money, I'm ok parting with it, but before I do the guy selling has to do some work too, and if he is unwilling, there is a reason and probably not a good one.
People ask me crazy stuff when they want to buy a car, and I do it, because I want to sell cars and we have a saying,
"We only have and want happy customers"
Doing a quick sale that will have blowback is not how I want to spend my day.
Last week one of my spotters found a 930 Slantnose RUF car, pretty cool, except on close inspection it didn't add up, too many things off, and the guy was real pushy about you better buy it now! He also had a rusty 914/6 that he wanted double for. Here is the VIN for the datebase folks.
VWTortuga336
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 20 2016, 08:47 AM) *

The one 'grandpa Walter' has listed in the classifieds.

Looks like he has sold it.
SirAndy
QUOTE(Unobtanium-inc @ Jan 20 2016, 07:33 AM) *
He also had a rusty 914/6 that he wanted double for. Here is the VIN for the datebase folks.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=274046
blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.