Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914rubber.com
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LowBridge
so I was googling yesterday looking for a carpet grommets and came across this website.

Instant Store

however I have always used this website when looking at 914rubber.com

914Rubber

Mark,

what site should I use or do both work just as well??
BeatNavy
I'm guessing you found his new site that's still under development/testing and hasn't been released yet. I would use the one that has the proper URL: http://shop.914rubber.com/main.sc
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(BeatNavy @ Jan 19 2016, 06:59 AM) *

I'm guessing you found his new site that's still under development/testing and hasn't been released yet. I would use the one that has the proper URL: http://shop.914rubber.com/main.sc

Don't see the carpet grommets on the original site.
Jett
I just bought parts using the old site. The new site is very good and the product displays are great.
SirAndy
Could be a scam as "900designs" can be traced back to Nigeria and "zoeysite.com" is just a collection of completely different websites ...
shades.gif
budk
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 19 2016, 11:07 AM) *

I just bought parts using the old site. The new site is very good and the product displays are great.

I agree, the new site looks great! beer.gif However it is clearly not ready for prime time yet. Just send Mark an email about the grommets.
jcd914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 19 2016, 11:51 AM) *

Could be a scam as "900designs" can be traced back to Nigeria and "zoeysite.com" is just a collection of completely different websites ...
shades.gif

agree.gif This would be my concern!

Jim
Mikey914
Yes I've been found out. We are upgrading the website, and have some pretty cool things we plan to add in, I'd tell but have to keep a few secrets. The new site is not fully functional. Please use the old until we are "live".
My company Whitesell Architectural Supply, Inc. will by bought by the new company 900 Design Group, hopefully making it less confusing for some. We will still manufacture Architectural systems, but will not confuse our architect friends as much too.

My brother Matt will all be a full partner helping me to tie up some loose ends and make us run like a real business. This meaning better communications and streamlining some of our processes. We will still be the same guys, making the parts you need at a reasonable price.

We will make a more formal announcement once it's live.
biggrin.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 19 2016, 08:17 PM) *

Yes I've been found out. We are upgrading the website, and have some pretty cool things we plan to add in, I'd tell but have to keep a few secrets. The new site is not fully functional. Please use the old until we are "live".
My company Whitesell Architectural Supply, Inc. will by bought by the new company 900 Design Group, hopefully making it less confusing for some. We will still manufacture Architectural systems, but will not confuse our architect friends as much too.

My brother Matt will all be a full partner helping me to tie up some loose ends and make us run like a real business. This meaning better communications and streamlining some of our processes. We will still be the same guys, making the parts you need at a reasonable price.

biggrin.gif

Did you move to Nigeria?
Mikey914
Not yet biggrin.gif
Matty900
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 19 2016, 11:51 AM) *

shades.gif

Hows this for my 1st post on 914world. This is Matt Whitesell, Mark (Mikey914)'s brother. I have met some of you at WCR and Okteenerfest last year.
The site is something that we have been working on for a while. We were setting it up on a gomagento site and they decided to shut down that version of magento and the content had to be migrated over to something else or lose all of the work. We migrated over to a company called Pixafy that was then taken over buy these guys. It was not supposed to be live but it google found it and it keeps climbing in search relevancy so I guess it was a matter of time before someone found it. No it is not ready for prime time by any means. We have had a difficult time trying to get reliable help with getting everything set up. Right now we are working on getting all of our part descriptions, photos and content in general cleaned up. So fell free to pm me with suggestions. I would love to hear them.
JeffBowlsby
Wait now...Mike(y), then Mark, now Matt...? This may get confusing for some, real quick. How about a single new entity presence here as 914Rubber or_____?

Love your products and service, need to place another order real soon.

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 19 2016, 05:17 PM) *

biggrin.gif

Matty900
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jan 19 2016, 07:00 PM) *

Wait now...Mike(y), then Mark, now Matt...? This may get confusing for some, real quick. How about a single new entity presence here as 914Rubber or_____?

Love your products and service, need to place another order real soon.

We will still be 914rubber. I have been working with Mark since about July of 2014 and have the same philosophy for the company. We will continue to roll everything back in to the company to allow us to make more and more parts to service the the 914 community. We could just get a really cool website that will hopefully result in more sales, but we are more focused on making the best parts we can and giving the best service we can for way more reasonable prices. We are trying to keep up with the support that we have from the community and want to make sure that will not suffer before bringing on the new site.
I am sounding like a commercial right now, but I just wanted to explain that I have the same passion as my brother for these cars and the community.
But don't take my word for it. I believe actions speak way louder than words. If you see some thing you like or don't like, you can let me know too and we will make it right.
Hope to see you at WCR
Matt
bretth
I believe you can place a robots.txt file on your web server configured to keep search engines from spidering the new site unti you are ready to go live.

Brett
Chris Pincetich
QUOTE(Matty900 @ Jan 19 2016, 06:33 PM) *

Hows this for my 1st post on 914world. This is Matt Whitesell, Mark (Mikey914)'s brother.

welcome.png
beerchug.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(bretth @ Jan 20 2016, 07:19 AM) *
I believe you can place a robots.txt file on your web server configured to keep search engines from spidering the new site unti you are ready to go live.

agree.gif

However, some search engine spiders do not honor the robots.txt file contents, so it's not a guarantee.
dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.