Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Key no turn in ignition
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BK911
So get to work, work all day, then try to go home.
Key no turny in ignition.
Took a LOT of swear words and wiggling to get it to move.
Not sure which helped more!

Thinking either the only key I have is worn down, or the ignition tumbler is worn.
Looking over the internet, I can replace the tumbler (with keys) with a femi-bilstein for ~$11 and the switch with a beck-arnley for ~$14.
The car is already converted to a push button starter, but I would like to convert back.

Anybody have any experience with either of these parts?
Sound like I am on the right track?

Thanks!
BK
PlantMan
QUOTE(BK911 @ Jan 19 2016, 09:16 AM) *

So get to work, work all day, then try to go home.
Key no turny in ignition.
Took a LOT of swear words and wiggling to get it to move.
Not sure which helped more!

Thinking either the only key I have is worn down, or the ignition tumbler is worn.
Looking over the internet, I can replace the tumbler (with keys) with a femi-bilstein for ~$11 and the switch with a beck-arnley for ~$14.
The car is already converted to a push button starter, but I would like to convert back.

Anybody have any experience with either of these parts?
Sound like I am on the right track?

Thanks!
BK

Pull the tumbler and take it to a locksmith. Have them cut you a couple new keys while you are there. Replace the switch when you have the tumbler out. Did this recently as my old key broke off in the tumbler. Good as new now!
I was fortunate to find a locksmith who knew 914's and VW's. He was thrilled to do it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.