Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pretty pictures
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschefile2010
I know how you guys like pictures. Here is a shot of my 914 in a Regularity Trial last weekend that I thought you might enjoy. Again thanks to all for the help with getting her up and running over the last few years although I have a dead #4 pot causing issues at present. Happy Driving. Richard NZClick to view attachment
Mueller
Awesome...I love the lifted front tire!

Dion
Thanks for sharing. Great colour.
Correct me if I'm wrong, regularity trial, is that equal to a rally?
Like the wheel lift as well!
porschefile2010
QUOTE(Mueller @ Jan 20 2016, 06:54 AM) *

Awesome...I love the lifted front tire!

Yeah. My son used to race motorbikes-you can imagine what his comment was!
Tom_T
Looks nice Richard .... so what is a "Regularity Trial"??? confused24.gif

Would that be the same as what they call time trials over here?

As for #4 - it's either compression, fuel/air or spark - easy enough to check most of that - unless it's an ECU or EFI component quirk or intermittent problem, but may be easy or hard to remedy, depending on what it is.

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
porschefile2010
QUOTE(Dion @ Jan 20 2016, 06:58 AM) *

Not really a test of all out speed like a rally. We go out and do a practice session, come in and review our times and nominate a target time. Then each time we go out during the event ( so there were 9 other classes racing from Formula Ford to Porsche series ) we have to lap as close to the target time as possible. I think I ended up .5 of a second off so did pretty well. Sometimes margins are less but it promotes smooth driving lines and consistency.
porschefile2010
QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 20 2016, 07:00 AM) *

As for #4 - it's either compression, fuel/air or spark - easy enough to check most of that - unless it's an ECU or EFI component quirk or intermittent problem, but may be easy or hard to remedy, depending on what it is.

Tom
///////

Hi Tom. Nice to hear from you. It's electrical. Might be the petronix unit, dizzy cap is suspect #2, then maybe ECU and I have a spare. Take care Tom. happy New Year by the way.
Tom_T
QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jan 19 2016, 11:07 AM) *

QUOTE(Tom_T @ Jan 20 2016, 07:00 AM) *

Tom
///////

Hi Tom. Nice to hear from you. It's electrical. Might be the petronix unit, dizzy cap is suspect #2, then maybe ECU and I have a spare. Take care Tom. happy New Year by the way.

Same to you Richard, & glad to see that you're getting some fun use of your "blue baby"!

I've always drooley.gif loved wub.gif that 75-76 blue/white combo, & test drove a 76 in that back in Fall 75 when I was looking for a 914, but the `75> California smog de-tuning of the 2.0 GC had it almost down to 70-72 1.7L HP/TQ territory. Oddly enough back then, the 60 month 100% new car financing vs. the 36 month 80% used were almost the same. But the better performance of the 73 2L I did get at 3 years old from the OO swayed me to go used, & eat a bit more Mac & Cheese & PBJ in my early years just out of college! biggrin.gif

Thanx for the explanation of regularity trial above.

BTW - I've been hearing of a lot of Pertronix failures & glitches in the past few years on all types of classic cars - including American & Euro makes/models.

I hear the trick to getting them to resolve it under warranty is to get to them early before warranty expiration, & then be as tenacious & persistent as a Terrier! .... or a Scrumhalf! ;-D

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
LowBridge
nice pic... neutral corner exit with wheel lift.. EPIC!!!
porschefile2010
QUOTE(LowBridge @ Jan 20 2016, 08:34 AM) *

nice pic... neutral corner exit with wheel lift.. EPIC!!!

Yes, it's quite a neat corner that. It's at the end of a shortish 4th gear straight but then throws straight into a 90 degree lefthander after 40 yards or so. Without a harness you have to hang on.
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jan 19 2016, 11:05 AM) *
Then each time we go out during the event... we have to lap as close to the target time as possible.

Sounds like a road-racing version of the "Bracket Racing" that the drag-strip guys do.

BTW, I think you have your picture flipped left-for-right; it almost looks like you're driving on the left side of the car! happy11.gif

--DD
whitetwinturbo
driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif
Dion

Not really a test of all out speed like a rally. We go out and do a practice session, come in and review our times and nominate a target time. Then each time we go out during the event ( so there were 9 other classes racing from Formula Ford to Porsche series ) we have to lap as close to the target time as possible. I think I ended up .5 of a second off so did pretty well. Sometimes margins are less but it promotes smooth driving lines and consistency.

Richard, thanks for the info. Looks like a blast! Have at it. beerchug.gif
tomrev
By chance are you at Ruhapuna? (spelling?). You live in a super beautiful Country!
porschefile2010
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 20 2016, 09:09 AM) *

Then each time we go out during the event... we have to lap as close to the target time as possible.

Sounds like a road-racing version of the "Bracket Racing" that the drag-strip guys do.

BTW, I think you have your picture flipped left-for-right; it almost looks like you're driving on the left side of the car! happy11.gif

--DD

Hi Dave. No it's not flipped. The car is still LHD. I bought her out of Flagstaff and it is an ex CA car. In NZ we can drive them on the road LHD ok if they are over a certain age. I think the Aussies have to convert to RHD though................or were you winding me up? Haha
porschefile2010
QUOTE(tomrev @ Jan 20 2016, 09:49 AM) *

By chance are you at Ruhapuna? (spelling?). You live in a super beautiful Country!

Meeting is over two weeks, three days each week, at Hampton Downs just south of Auckland. Great track and about to be extended to a full International length circuit. You could probably Google it if you are interested.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jan 19 2016, 03:05 PM) *

So like bracket racing in the drag racing world?
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jan 19 2016, 03:02 PM) *
...............or were you winding me up? Haha

rolleyes.gif No comment....

IPB Image

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 19 2016, 03:36 PM) *

Looks like Rob has me on "ignore"... wink.gif

--DD
porschefile2010
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 20 2016, 11:58 AM) *

QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jan 19 2016, 03:02 PM) *
...............or were you winding me up? Haha

rolleyes.gif No comment....

IPB Image

java script:emoticon(':rotfl:','smid_43')
I like it

QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jan 19 2016, 03:36 PM) *

Looks like Rob has me on "ignore"... wink.gif

--DD

porschetub
QUOTE(porschefile2010 @ Jan 20 2016, 07:51 AM) *

I know how you guys like pictures. Here is a shot of my 914 in a Regularity Trial last weekend that I thought you might enjoy. Again thanks to all for the help with getting her up and running over the last few years although I have a dead #4 pot causing issues at present. Happy Driving. Richard NZClick to view attachment

Good stuff,great to hear you got it running,don't think it will be your pertronix module they tend to work or not work,I've not personally had an issue with them but some have.
Looks like you were having fun,my car was raced before being converted to a six,the OP reported it held it own against the early 911's until the long straights but he certainly had the advantage on the corners.
Great looking car hope you continue to enjoy it,cheers Dean.
EdwardBlume
Cool picts. Maybe ask Santa for some suspension upgrades but the car looks too nice for that! Enjoy!

BTW - I just pulled the Petronix for points on my 2.4. Wasn't working very well new out of the box.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.