Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bremtek Brakes
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
kupcar
Anyone running Bremtek brakes on their 914? Bremtek is a now defunct company that specialized in performance calipers in the mid to late 80's. I've been storing these things forever, waiting for the right project to use them on.
jmill
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
kupcar
Sorry John. I was just wondering if anyone had used these back in the day. It's too cold tonight to dig through the parts bins to get photos. It did pull out the product installation manual. Check it out. They fit under 15" rims.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
VegasRacer
When my car was built/converted in 1992 they upgraded to Bremtek brakes. When I bought the car it needed the calipers rebuilt and new pads. I could not find the necessary parts so I switched to SC brakes. The Bremteks are now sitting in a box on the shelf.
Chris914n6
Odds are they didn't use custom pads or seals. Just need to figure out what they came from. Post a pic with measurements.
kupcar
I have the original technical data info. The pads are easy. The pistons and seals, maybe a different story.Click to view attachment
jmill
QUOTE(kupcar @ Jan 19 2016, 09:04 PM) *

Sorry John. I was just wondering if anyone had used these back in the day. It's too cold tonight to dig through the parts bins to get photos. It did pull out the product installation manual. Check it out. They fit under 15" rims.

It is cold up in the Midwest. Just noticed you're South of me in Chicago. cheer.gif

Nice calipers.
brant
I believe that George Maybee out in Colorado had a hand in developing and selling these brakes back in the day.

He used to race a bunch of different porsches, and had a 914/6 back in the day. (in fact I watch that car get flipped on track when it hit another 914/6 in a corner)

A lot of local guys used to run these brakes back in the 80's and they did fit under 15inch wheels (basically the only thing available back then)

I never ran them, but had a bunch of competitors that did

9erSport
I’ve had a few sets of Bremteks over the years and I’m excited to find this old thread. I didn’t realize anyone had documentation on them and it’s very useful as there were several versions. Kupcar, I signed up so I could send you a message, is there anyway you could or would be willing to scan the pages from that book and make them available?? pray.gif I think there’s a lot of people still running them and this thread does not pop up from Google searching.

Thanks,
Andrew
eric9144
I had them on my GT clone back in the 90's, bought them new and had them installed with 15" Fuchs, they were great from what I recall beerchug.gif
Chris914n6
Just for fun I looked up Brembo pads since there was not much in the performance world back then...

You can search by measurements in their catalog.

https://www.bremboparts.com/america/en
stownsen914
As I recall, Bremteks were manufactured by Wilwood or perhaps JFZ and sold by (I think) Automechanika. They look just like my Wilwoods for whatever that's worth. Replacement parts, seals, etc. and of course pads for Wilwood should work for Bremteks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.