Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Flood search
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
boxsterfan
Any time I try to look back at some of my old posts, I get:

Sorry, the board administrator has enabled search flood control. Please wait at least 5 seconds before trying again.

This happens even if I have not been on the site or performed any searches.
SirAndy
And how exactly are you trying to "look back at some of my old posts"?
confused24.gif
dlkawashima
I noticed that, too. But if you click the button another time or two, the search works.
Andyrew
You have to wait something like 10 seconds between each search. It prevents spammers from overloading the server.
Mark Henry
I get flood control sometimes when I post, but I always figure it was a mouse/finger issue and read as two clicks on 'ADD THIS'.
whitetwinturbo
Craigslist has a timer too.....saying whoa, you type too fast .... try back later. blink.gif
boxsterfan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 19 2016, 04:03 PM) *

And how exactly are you trying to "look back at some of my old posts"?
confused24.gif

Click on my name to go to my profile.
Under Profile Options on the right, click Find Members Posts.

Note: Find Members Topics doesn't exhibit the problem.

SirAndy
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 21 2016, 09:17 PM) *

Hmmm. I just did that for your posts and i can see them all the way back to your first post on Jul 11 2003, 10:27 AM without any issues.
idea.gif
sfrenck
I get the same if I click on a member name and try to look at their old posts. Just have to wait 10 seconds and click again to get it to work.
boxsterfan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 22 2016, 10:42 AM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 21 2016, 09:17 PM) *

Hmmm. I just did that for your posts and i can see them all the way back to your first post on Jul 11 2003, 10:27 AM without any issues.
idea.gif

Still no workie for me.

First, I tried SirAndy's posts. First attempt....flood search (although I had just opened my browser and came on the site). Count to 10 and then second attempt worked.

Second, I tried my topics. First attempt, same error. Count to 10....it worked.

Third, I tried my posts. Could never get it to work. Count to 10 or count to 30. No luck.

Strange.....

Perhaps we are getting indexed by a webbot that is triggering the board software to react this way? Note: webbots don't have obey robots.txt files although the responsible ones do. :shrug:

SirAndy
We detect search engine bots and automatically put them in their own group with different board settings.
I doubt it's a mix-up between bot accounts and member accounts.

I'll have a closer look at the flood control code and see what i can dig up ...
type.gif
boxsterfan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 23 2016, 11:32 AM) *

We detect search engine bots and automatically put them in their own group with different board settings.
I doubt it's a mix-up between bot accounts and member accounts.

I'll have a closer look at the flood control code and see what i can dig up ...
type.gif

OK, I made it work by doing it this way. Goto my Profile.....count to 10 (one-one thousand, two-onethousand, etc...), then click on my Posts or my Topics. It works!!

Same thing happened if I went to your Profile and didn't wait after going to your Profile before searching.

SirAndy
QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 23 2016, 11:35 AM) *
OK, I made it work by doing it this way. Goto my Profile.....count to 10 (one-one thousand, two-onethousand, etc...), then click on my Posts or my Topics. It works!!
Same thing happened if I went to your Profile and didn't wait after going to your Profile before searching.

Interesting! Looks like the initial page hit is counted towards the flood control when it really shouldn't.
idea.gif
boxsterfan
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Jan 23 2016, 11:42 AM) *

QUOTE(boxsterfan @ Jan 23 2016, 11:35 AM) *

Interesting! Looks like the initial page hit is counted towards the flood control when it really shouldn't.
idea.gif

Behavior has reverted today. No matter how long I wait, I can't seem to get to My Posts or My Topics.
913B
I get the flood control message when I click on a members name and search all his post or topics, about 95% of the time i will get the flood control message using chrome, but no isssue with firefox if it helps you Andy.
jim_hoyland
QUOTE(sfrenck @ Jan 22 2016, 11:24 AM) *

I get the same if I click on a member name and try to look at their old posts. Just have to wait 10 seconds and click again to get it to work.

Where are you clicking on members names ? I don't see anything about viewing old posts confused24.gif
boxsterfan
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Mar 7 2016, 07:13 PM) *

I get the flood control message when I click on a members name and search all his post or topics, about 95% of the time i will get the flood control message using chrome, but no isssue with firefox if it helps you Andy.

I use Chrome. I tend to get the Flood Search 95% of the time also.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.