Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Headed to Dallas
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PanelBilly
Update
I have Sunday all day and Monday night open. If any of you Texas Teeners want to meet up, let me know.
02loftsmoor
what do you want to do?
76-914
Texas Book Depository where JFK was assassinated. The New Cowboy Stadium. Is it "Cowtown" in Ft Worth? I fergit. TexMex for dinner? Unless they've changed the liquor laws, the Trinity River forks thru town and if your on the south side of it Bars are private (hoot) clubs and open bars are north of the river. I made that mistake one time. Went several miles north to the next motel, checked in only to fine I had indeed crossed the Trinity River, Twice! I was one the south side again. headbang.gif Very little beer consumed that trip.
theleschyouknow
if you have a free night we should definitely try and get a world dinner together -d/fw folks chime in if you're interested
as far as what to do depends on where you'll be: if you're in Dallas proper the Perot museum is cool, if you'll be in Fort Worth the stock show is goin on at will rogers till pretty near the end of the month, either way a tour of the death star (Cowboys stadium in Arlington) is a cool tour it's a fantastic building, albeit a terrible place to play football.
also if you're in Fort Worth the stockyards are a cool visit with lots of history
keep us up to date on your schedule
PanelBilly
Still working on flights but I think I'll get in on Saturday afternoon on the 30th. Might be staying around Irving. Would enjoy meeting the teener team from Texas
Elliot Cannon
Gitcha one each of these here. They won't let ya'all leave without it.
bandjoey
Since coming you're in Irving (DFW Airport). American Airlines has a great airline museum right there. Fort Worth stockyards a about 20 minutes away. Lots of history plus good music.
Ps. 76-914, you really need to get out more. Private clubs went out in the 80's. drunk.gif Not only can you drink but thr Baptists allow dancing! lol-2.gif
xperu
QUOTE(PanelBilly @ Jan 19 2016, 09:46 PM) *

Looks like I'll fly there before the month is out. What should I make sure to do?

Great night life downtown Dallas, and you can't go wrong going to the Ft. Worth Stockyard downtown Ft. Worth. Mike
Dave_Darling
I still have fond memories of Joe T. Garcia's restaurant.

Not-so-fond memories of the stockyards area in Ft. Worth. But then, I have an allergy to country music...

--DD
jmill
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Jan 19 2016, 10:35 PM) *

Gitcha one each of these here. They won't let ya'all leave without it.

Make sure the belt buckle is actually that size when compared to the hat.
xperu
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 20 2016, 03:21 PM) *

Not-so-fond memories of the stockyards area in Ft. Worth. But then, I have an allergy to country music...

--DD

Funny!
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jan 20 2016, 03:21 PM) *

--DD

you know there are two kinds of music, County and Western lol3.gif
theleschyouknow
and whoever said Texans were intolerant -we like both kinds
if we get a teener dinner together joe T's isn't a bad idea plenty of room, cool atmosphere, pretty good tex-mex, close to the stockyards and dam good margaritas that you can order by the pitcher -cash only tho
beerchug.gif
cjl
EdwardBlume
Ride a mechanical bull....... Get longhorns for the front of your /6.... come home saying' "ya all"....
Beebo Kanelle
skip Dallas and go to Houston...
PanelBilly
Arrive Saturday night. Fly out the following Thursday.

Plenty of ya'lls round our house. My wife is from Alabama. Up here in the NW we do Teener Tuesdays. Maybe I can spread the madness.
02loftsmoor
QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Jan 20 2016, 09:04 PM) *

I had a gal ask me " kiss me where it's hot Dark and nasty" so I took her to Houston
av-943.gif
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Jan 20 2016, 08:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Beebo Kanelle @ Jan 20 2016, 09:04 PM) *

I had a gal ask me " kiss me where it's hot Dark and nasty" so I took her to Houston
av-943.gif

Which side is that on?
PanelBilly
Bump for new days and time
Rob-O
Ummmm, it's "y'all". No idea what ya'all is, but I wouldn't recommend using it, regardless of the pronunciation.

Joe T. Garcias is nice, but most of the seating is outside. It will be early February, it could be 77 degrees (like today) or freezing rain and 25 degrees. I'd choose somewhere that has ample indoor seating and a patio, hedge your bet!
theleschyouknow
I'm spoken for tomorrow (Sunday) but I'm in for dinner Monday night if you're interested
anybody else?
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(Rob-O @ Jan 30 2016, 06:40 PM) *

Ummmm, it's "y'all". No idea what ya'all is, but I wouldn't recommend using it, regardless of the pronunciation.

My bad, the extra syllabel is a Memphis thing...
EdwardBlume
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Jan 30 2016, 07:24 PM) *

I'm spoken for tomorrow (Sunday) but I'm in for dinner Monday night if you're interested
anybody else?

Have fun kids! beerchug.gif
theleschyouknow
since nobody wants to take the reins on this thing...
I'm happy to meet ya for dinner tomorrow nite
I'd suggest tex-mex or bar-b-q (or whatever you're hungry for)
where depends if you want to stay near Irving or head to Fort Worth -I don't know much about Dallas but I imagine there's good places there too
whatever's easiest for you
anybody else local who's interested or has a better plan chime in

beerchug.gif
cjl
PanelBilly
QUOTE(theleschyouknow @ Jan 31 2016, 02:46 PM) *

since nobody wants to take the reins on this thing...
I'm happy to meet ya for dinner tomorrow nite
I'd suggest tex-mex or bar-b-q (or whatever you're hungry for)
where depends if you want to stay near Irving or head to Fort Worth -I don't know much about Dallas but I imagine there's good places there too
whatever's easiest for you
anybody else local who's interested or has a better plan chime in

beerchug.gif
cjl

I'm up for anything. Pick a place and we'll find it.
theleschyouknow
ok billy and I are meeting up at 7:30 tonight at Joe T Garcia's in Fort Worth -it's a big joint especially with the nice weather anybody whose interested c'mon and join us

beerchug.gif
cjl
theleschyouknow
sorry more folks couldn't make it last night but I really enjoyed meeting up with Billy and his wife Julie.
we had a great dinner and talked about cars and work and life
great people -hope to meet up with them again sometime
this place is full of great people!
Billy, y'all have a safe trip home
beerchug.gif
cjl
02loftsmoor
Sorry I couldn't Make it, I live not too far from where you dined.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.