Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Brand New Injectors for Custom EFI (SOLD)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
McMark
This is a brand new set of injectors that I use with my fuel injection setups. They look and fit just like stock injectors, but they're high impedance. This means they won't work with stock D-Jet, but if you're doing aftermarket EFI you want these. To use stock injectors you'd need a ballast resistor, these save you one components and multiple crimps in your wiring harness. Less parts and less crimps mean less points of failure. Plus these aren't 40 years old, these are brand new.

Asking $400 shipped for the set, with seals. I'll even include the connectors to crimp onto your harness if you'd like.

SOLD
jd74914
What's the flow rate Mark?

I thought D-jet injectors were high impedance and L-jet low.
McMark
23 pounds per hour.

Both D-Jet and L-Jet use low impedance injectors. The L-Jet uses ballast resistors to bring up the impedance. From the MegaSquirt Manual:
Injectors are either high impedance or low impedance. High impedance injectors (usually about 12-16 ohms) can take a 12 supply directly, without a form of current control. Low impedance injectors (generally below 3 ohms) require some form of current limiting. With MegaSquirt® EFI Controller, you can use resistors to limit current,
JamesM
QUOTE(McMark @ Jan 20 2016, 04:33 AM) *

This is a brand new set of injectors that I use with my fuel injection setups. They look and fit just like stock injectors, but they're high impedance. This means they won't work with stock D-Jet, but if you're doing aftermarket EFI you want these. To use stock injectors you'd need a ballast resistor, these save you one components and multiple crimps in your wiring harness. Less parts and less crimps mean less points of failure. Plus these aren't 40 years old, these are brand new.

Asking $400 shipped for the set, with seals. I'll even include the connectors to crimp onto your harness if you'd like.

Could you elaborate on what these are? You can get Vanagon injectors at most flaps for <$40 a piece that are the correct style to fit the manifold and also high impedance.
McMark
These injectors are about 20% bigger than Vanagon injectors. I can't find the Vanagon injectors for less than $70 each.
Mikey914
These would be great for a BIG 4 build and stand alone FI!
McMark
I've run them on everything from my 1.7 (with/without Turbo) to a 2270.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.