Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fun in the Adenauer Forst
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
veekry9
I don't feel so bad now,saw this a few years ago and thought,"Hey,they're rolling their Beetles too!"
I was so pissed about it,the paint was real nice heavy metalflake Leopard Frog Green,so 60's.
Still missed,the pushing to get it started after the gen quit,what fun in the rain on the QEW. smoke.gif biggrin.gif
Elliot Cannon
When I was there, they said at least one motorcyclist dies there every month. blink.gif
SirAndy
This has been posted before, comes up every other year.

Still pretty entertaining to watch ...
blink.gif
billh1963
Looks like few wore seatbelts...crazy times! lol-2.gif
Coondog
Didn't see any Porsches roll...... beerchug.gif

The people in the Convert VW were lucky to be alive.
thieuster
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 21 2016, 12:00 AM) *

There is a similar vid - a little longer. Around 8 mins. there's a red 914 going straight ahead where there's a corner. Luckily it only acted as a large and expensive lawn mower.

Menno
pete000
Some of those early 911's are serious money now !

Crazy how many did not have seat belts back then.

Larmo63
I've seen it before too, I just thought it was entertaining.

The chick with her head out the side window after the 2002 crashes…….?

Do they drink and do this "race?"
SirAndy
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Jan 20 2016, 03:49 PM) *
Do they drink and do this "race?"

It's not a race. It's basically parade laps where everyone can get on the track with their personal car for a lap.
shades.gif
BeemerSteve
Did you notice that VW convertible with four people in it almost rolled but didn't.....that would have been a crappy day!
maddin
also has another mid-engine car in it, Matra 530 !
rgalla9146
There must have been 10 Fiat 850s tumbling away, one looked like an Abarth sport coupe. Most of the others were regular sport coupes along with one sedan.
Not one Spyder.
I had two coupes.
I had one on two wheels in a parking lot for what seemed like 100 yards.
Finally came down on all four.
Fun cars.
Made Corvairs look safe as a church.
ThePaintedMan
There is a point in that video where you can see a beer fly out of the car and crack on the ground. In another video, a guy actually ends up coming out the passenger door with the car still rolling.... never spills the beer he was holding. beerchug.gif
Puebloswatcop
People back then just knew how to take a hit.... driving.gif
Larmo63
That girl hanging out of the passenger window after the 2002 flips just looks bad.

I'll bet she broke up with that guy after the drive to the hospital.
thieuster
Even today, you can see completely filled family sedans on their way to Italy or Austria for the annual family holiday doing a lap on the Ring.

A fully loaded family sedan can be a.... challenge.... on the Ring. And they all end up with this:
IPB Image

That's a German thing. A lot of German cars have a sticker on the back with the geographical contours of a town, island etc.

Menno

Porschef
QUOTE(Puebloswatcop @ Jan 21 2016, 10:06 PM) *

People back then just knew how to take a hit.... driving.gif

beer3.gif

Hah! Yeah, simpler times. What fun. Much less powers that be trying to keep us from hurting ourselves...

Didn't see no 914's rollin'
RickS
QUOTE(Coondog @ Jan 20 2016, 03:00 PM) *

There's a lot to be said about a low center of gravity. You may spin but you ain't doing an upside down yard sale.
Randal
Amazing how many drivers start to lose it and keep their foot on the throttle.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.