Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: blew a clutch today
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
Well, I've worn out a few clutches thru the years, but this is first i've ever broken. I was running a few errands this morning, and two miles from my shop I took off from a stop, and shifted into second, let out the clutch, and not much happened. It moved under its own power, but slipped like crazy. Limped back to the shop, jacked it up, but couldn't see much wrong. 20 minutes later the tranni was out. Clutch fork, and throw out bearing seemed fine. Removed the clutch and pressure plate to find this. Two of the four springs were beat to hell, and there were missing pieces under the springs.
TheCabinetmaker
then there was this. check the crack at the top.
TheCabinetmaker
dug thru the spare parts, found a good six spring clutch, and decent pressure plate, and was back on the road in two hours total.
ChrisReale
thats a big crack. Hang it up on the wall. How's the dog?
TheCabinetmaker
Mahle is gaining weight and doing great. She's still alittle skitzy, but getting better daily. Seems to be house broke too so far. Can't leave a car door open or she's got a soft place to sleep. ohmy.gif
redshift
These things have clutches?

Wow. You buy something new everyday, in 33,619 days, you have a brand new teener.

smile.gif

Something to look forward to.

M
TheCabinetmaker
Yeah Miles, in 92 years you'll have a brand new car!!!! laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.