Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Great or NOS rear tail lights
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Jett
Looking for 2 new condition rear tail light housings with or without lenses. Our 73 Dephi 2.0/4 is almost ready for assembly and we are gathering the final missing parts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jett
Bump
raynekat
QUOTE(Jett @ Jan 21 2016, 07:56 PM) *

Bump

http://www.ebay.com/itm/914-6-914-4-Porsch...DP3&vxp=mtr

Not affiliated, but a beautiful set.
The "going" price for NOS it seems.
Alice
QUOTE(raynekat @ Jan 22 2016, 01:27 AM) *

Bump

I think we all know this place .
Right ?
HP house sales .
lol-2.gif
smokey
agree.gif

Bump

Yes, its most likely the going price of admission - especially if you want NOS. No one ever said these cars are cheap to restore.
smokey

Bump

Wen this part was get able ..from the mother ship . It was just over 450.00 plus tax and

This eBay seller is compleatly screwy.gif
WAY OVER PRICED !

If u like being the sheep .
sheeplove.gif

smoke.gif

gcrotvik
Rich's price is cheap compare to Armando's. He states they are period correct for a 6 but the date stamp on the left lens is 76.

Jett
These are expensive prices that seem high smile.gif
Mikey914
It's what the market will bear. At a certain point these parts will start getting made. biggrin.gif
The market will correct itself.
gcrotvik
The correction is already happening. As an example, a year ago someone restoring (or converting) a 6 would gladly pay $1,000.00 to $1,200.00 for a 40 year old OE oil tank because that was your only choice. Stoddard now sells OE new 6 oil tanks for $1,310.33 (this is today's on-line price). Same with 6 specific oil coolers, they are now again available.

Glad to see Porsche Classic finally getting into gear on 914 related parts. Ultimately, we can than Mark, Eric Shea, Restoration Design and others for getting this all started (forgot George Hussey at AA, sorry).
Jett
Agreed, I'll wait until that day.

Cheers

QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 22 2016, 09:31 AM) *

It's what the market will bear. At a certain point these parts will start getting made. biggrin.gif
The market will correct itself.

Jett
Still looking ... Bump
Jett
Found the left side (thanks!!)

Still looking for the right side... Bump
Jett
Bump. Still looking for right side tail light housing

Thanks
Old Yella
I bought stuff from AA three times. Three times it arrived in a timely fashion and wasn't that expensive. The engine hose kit for the 2.0 litre Djet saved a lot of bullshitting around.

I've ordered rubber form one of the "chosen ones" and got most of the order but not all, had no confirmation that the other pieces will arrive or when. I'm no AA flag waver but I don't know what all the hassle is about. If you don't like the guy don't buy anything from him. The relentless whining is getting pretty tedious.

Apologies for hijacking your post for the rant.
Jett
Sorry for being ambiguous in a previous response. I was agreeing that the current NOS tail lights are expensive ($2800 on eBay is expensive to me smile.gif) and very much like it when Porsche starts to reproduce the parts, as the market price corrects.

All that said, I don't think anyone disparaged AA on this thread, so from that perspective I don't fully understand your rant or necessity to hijack this thread.
Alice
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Jan 25 2016, 06:24 PM) *

I bought stuff from AA three times. Three times it arrived in a timely fashion and wasn't that expensive. The engine hose kit for the 2.0 litre Djet saved a lot of bullshitting around.

I've ordered rubber form one of the "chosen ones" and got most of the order but not all, had no confirmation that the other pieces will arrive or when. I'm no AA flag waver but I don't know what all the hassle is about. If you don't like the guy don't buy anything from him. The relentless whining is getting pretty tedious.

Apologies for hijacking your post for the rant.

Ok Jett ,
I will say it . Cover your ass for u. .
Not one time was AA talked about in this thread .
What a compleat dumb ass ,this yea old idiot .
There is always some one that needs to talk shit .
Ok hears some for u .
SHUT IT ! Dumb ass .
U are the only wining little boy in this room.
Got me ?

smoke.gif
smokey
QUOTE(Alice @ Jan 22 2016, 01:57 AM) *

Bump

I think we all know this place .
Right ?
HP house sales .
lol-2.gif

QUOTE(gcrotvik @ Jan 22 2016, 09:59 AM) *

The correction is already happening. As an example, a year ago someone restoring (or converting) a 6 would gladly pay $1,000.00 to $1,200.00 for a 40 year old OE oil tank because that was your only choice. Stoddard now sells OE new 6 oil tanks for $1,310.33 (this is today's on-line price). Same with 6 specific oil coolers, they are now again available.

Glad to see Porsche Classic finally getting into gear on 914 related parts. Ultimately, we can than Mark, Eric Shea, Restoration Design and others for getting this all started (forgot George Hussey at AA, sorry).

Hmmmmm ,
High prices house ?

HP house
Rich bontempi

rhodyguy
Settle for 'used, in great condition' and use mark's replacement seals. No one is going to care if the housings have some patina. Save your money for primo lenses. Rich(HPH) can ask whatever he wants. Getting is an entirely dif story.
Old Yella
My apologies Jett. I didn't go over your post closely enough and see that AA wasn't being disparaged, however, it appears to be the norm on the world. As for Alice, your shallow thoughtless comment and utter disrespect for older people indicated the quality of person you obviously are. I've looked through your posts and it appears you aren't immune to being a dumb arsed f-wit either. Plus, your spelling and punctuation is appalling to say the least. I apparently have an excuse for any failings because I'm old.
Jett
smile.gif understood, but the car is now only missing the right tail light housing --all other lights and lenses are NOS.

Btw. My 2 drivers are covered in 914Rubber parts, next to food, it's my biggest monthly bill smile.gif.
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jan 26 2016, 09:17 AM) *

Settle for 'used, in great condition' and use mark's replacement seals. No one is going to care if the housings have some patina. Save your money for primo lenses. Rich(HPH) can ask whatever he wants. Getting is an entirely dif story.

smokey
QUOTE(Old Yella @ Jan 26 2016, 07:35 PM) *

My apologies Jett. I didn't go over your post closely enough and see that AA wasn't being disparaged, however, it appears to be the norm on the world. As for Alice, your shallow thoughtless comment and utter disrespect for older people indicated the quality of person you obviously are. I've looked through your posts and it appears you aren't immune to being a dumb arsed f-wit either. Plus, your spelling and punctuation is appalling to say the least. I apparently have an excuse for any failings because I'm old.

Guilty dogs
Bark loudest.

What a total
welcome.png
Guy !
rhodyguy
Then you have to go deep and pay what ever the market will bear.
Alice

Right !

Hear s how it is . OLD man !
U open your mouth in theis board . We will talk to u . U be a total idiot. We will deal with u . It's clear , this compleat idiot,just wants to piss on someone .
As for AA and George.
AA is the good .
HP house and bontempi is the Bad !
This kind of 14 DICK ! Is the ugly !

lol-2.gif
To your response
That's all u got .

smokey
agree.gif

smoke.gif
rhodyguy
Say what? unsure.gif wacko.gif
Old Yella

QUOTE(Alice @ Jan 27 2016, 06:33 AM) *

Right !

Hear s how it is . OLD man !
U open your mouth in theis board . We will talk to u . U be a total idiot. We will deal with u . It's clear , this compleat idiot,just wants to piss on someone .
As for AA and George.
AA is the good .
HP house and bontempi is the Bad !
This kind of 14 DICK ! Is the ugly !

lol-2.gif
To your response
That's all u got .

Hi Alice
I'm going to reach out to you. I’m not trying to put shit on you so don’t take this the wrong way.
There are classes for adult literacy which would be of great benefit to you. If you are going to denigrate me please feel free to use better English. In respect to my response, short and concise is always good.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.