Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vinyl Protector
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BeemerSteve
With the extra tub I bought came with most everything minus the eng/trans. I was very fortunate to find this car that sat inside a garage for close to 30 years awaiting the big V8 swap that never happened. The upside in addition to almost zero rust the 914 had only 79k on it when it was parked so most all the upholstery was in good nick except for being dirty even if they were covered.
My question....what does everyone use on the vinyl to protect it after it's cleaned?

Thanks!!
Shadowfax
303 Aerospace Protectant. Good stuff. Doesn't have formaldehyde like some of the other brands and isn't greasy to the touch.
Mikey914
QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Jan 21 2016, 04:09 PM) *

303 Aerospace Protectant. Good stuff. Doesn't have formaldehyde like some of the other brands and isn't greasy to the touch.

Yep it's what you want. As long as it's not brittle already. It will keep it in the same condition it is now.
BeemerSteve
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jan 21 2016, 04:16 PM) *

QUOTE(Shadowfax @ Jan 21 2016, 04:09 PM) *

Yep it's what you want. As long as it's not brittle already. It will keep it in the same condition it is now.

Thankfully, everything vinyl with this car is still supple. Great, so 303 it is. Thank you!
Porschef
303 is good stuff, more of a protector than a highlighter, meaning you won't get a shine like Armorall (thankfully) and as mentioned, is not slippery.
BeemerSteve
QUOTE(Porschef @ Jan 21 2016, 04:22 PM) *

303 is good stuff, more of a protector than a highlighter, meaning you won't get a shine like Armorall (thankfully) and as mentioned, is not slippery.

Exactly what I want. Don't like the shiny, slippery, wet all over look that Armor All gives you.
76-914
QUOTE(BeemerSteve @ Jan 21 2016, 04:30 PM) *

QUOTE(Porschef @ Jan 21 2016, 04:22 PM) *

Exactly what I want. Don't like the shiny, slippery, wet all over look that Armor All gives you.

agree.gif I think Armor All looks like stromberg.gif on the tires too but some people do it anyway. av-943.gif
Jamie
So how readily available is this 303 magic, and where would I look to find it? confused24.gif
jacksun
just highlight and google...

303 Aerospace Protectant

VegasRacer
QUOTE(Jamie @ Jan 22 2016, 10:43 AM) *

where would I look to find it? confused24.gif

I have always been able to find it at Boat and Marine shops. pirate.gif
brant
I love 303 and have been using it for 20 years
highly recommend it, hard to find locally (only 1 place by me)
but easy to find through mail order

also I recently used a meguires vinyl and plastic gel that you put on with a cotton towel or micro fiber. no experience yet as to how it holds up over time but its even less shiny than the 303 and does a great job of cleaning (probably due to the multiple step application process)

so now I'm using the 303 on bumpers and all exterior trim
using the meguires vinyl and plastic on interior trim to get even less greasy shine than the 303

brant
Big Len
Amazon has it.
Big Len
Amazon has it.
Krieger
Amazon has it.
PanelBilly
Have you checked Amazon. Someone once told me they have it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.