Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: how much rolling to fit 225's?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
how much are your fenders rolled?
scotty914
well 205 to 225 is 20 mm or about 3/4 inch ( a little less than ) and half of that would be on each side of the tire, or about 3/8 more meat on that side. so how did 205 fit on the car, just add about 3/8's to be safe
Trekkor
Mr. A, you're pre-paint right? Do this now. smash.gif

You can use metal pipe to stretch the fenders uniformly.
Start small ( 3/4" ) and work your way up.

I wonder if you could work up to a 2-3" pipe?

KT
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 17 2005, 10:34 PM)
Mr. A, you're pre-paint right? Do this now. smash.gif

You can use metal pipe to stretch the fenders uniformly.
Start small ( 3/4" ) and work your way up.

I wonder if you could work up to a 2-3" pipe?

KT

yep...pre paint. i have an opportunity. show me your 225's yo!

i need pics! 16 x6 and 7... 205/225

wub.gif wub.gif
bondo
While we're on this subject, I was hoping to run 225s on 7" cookies (15") on mine. I'll be flaring the fenders, but will there be any chance of rubbing on the INSIDE without spacers?
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 17 2005, 10:50 PM)
While we're on this subject, I was hoping to run 225s on 7" cookies (15") on mine. I'll be flaring the fenders, but will there be any chance of rubbing on the INSIDE without spacers?

my 6" fucks with 204 azenis rub the railing arm a tad....
Trekkor
My Hoosiers are WAY wider then my Yok's. Both are 205's confused24.gif

Plus, my Western rims are improperly backspaced. You've seen this narrow body shot I'm sure.

KT
Aaron Cox
im tempted......

they will ding me at an AX dry.gif

ill just run my azenis on cookies then.
John Kelly
Milt (Zeke) on the Pelican site did a good thread on this. It illustrates the fact that rolling or pulling the fenders alone is not enough...you will lose some shape somewhere when you pull the metal instead of stretch it. Rolling or pulling is not stretching. He did a clever thing...check it out:

http://forums.pelicanparts.com/showthread....20&pagenumber=1

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Bleyseng
I need to finish mine like Zeke did. I used several sizes of pipe and a front shock to stretch the front and rears so the 205 Kuhmo's on cookies would work right. Got lots of room now but have to finish it later. I think you would have to use a jack to push the metal alot to get 225's to fit. Hmmm, maybe I should do that!

Back to the motor rebuild.......

Geoff wacko.gif
rhodyguy
there was a clean 6 at redmond european for the elephant presentation. there was something wrong that took me a minute to figure out, and geoff confirmed. simply rolling pulled both of the corners up and away at the rocker cover ends. as in the gap was wider at the ends. looked bad and damn near impossible to undo. seeing the car cured me of any plan to "roll" the fenders. icon8.gif get flares.

k
djm914-6
lots more rolling or hammering to go...
nynone4
Here's mine with 205 and 225 width tires on 7" front and 8" rear 15" diameter Fuchs. Still in the process of putting it back together. Took a fair bit more than just rolling the fenders (mine are rolled) - and the fenders were pulled out some with a port-o-power.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.