Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Can a 3.6 Suby fit a 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
flmont
Arnt they the same as a EZ30D engine,..So should be no problem,..right ...??? Thanks FM
mgp4591
QUOTE(flmont @ Jan 22 2016, 09:43 PM) *

Arnt they the same as a EZ30D engine,..So should be no problem,..right ...??? Thanks FM

Google the dimensions but I'm pretty sure it's close enough. If there's room for an LS1 and an EG33, there's room for the 3.6.
DBCooper
It's the same size as the EZ30, which is only an inch bigger than the EJ four cylinder engines. Several people here have put EZ engines into their cars, it fit's, no problem.

matthepcat
Isn't the 3.6 a CAN bus system? That is the challenge..correct?
76-914
Subaru gears has the CanBus adapter ~ $500. IIRC, the 3.6 has more HP but the torque is about the same as the EZ30D series. shades.gif

ThePaintedMan
Yup, dimensionally the EZ30 and EZ36 are the same. I think eventually someone is going to get the 3.6 to be able to make some crazy power. Think about the power that the 993 engine puts out... and that's aircooled. I don't think 300+ would be unheard of with some good cams and exhaust.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.