Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tree Hugger
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sixnotfour
oops
Steve Thacker
That is a nasty crash. I'm not going to ask did anyone survive, that is pretty self evident
Curvie Roadlover
looks like a small tree to have done that much damage idea.gif
ArtechnikA
yes - there are a lot more pictures from that series, most of which show little on the ground in the way of debris, or skidmarks, or ...

the backstory is that it was a real car from a real crash on a real tree, but the 'accident scene' was disassembled and is re-created at various highschool campuses as an educational exercise. these are the pictures from one such 're-enactment.'
TC/914
"looks like a small tree to have done that much damage"

Yeah, but it's not really the size of the tree, it's the speed of the impact. A relatively tiny tree like that can probably get up to 70 or 80 miles an hour on a flat road. They get going that fast and swerve into an oncoming or even stationary car by the side of the road, and . . . well . . . you see the results.

That car was probably just parked there when the tree smashed into it. Never knew what hit him.
davep
Oh, the poor tree. I don't really feel sorry for most drivers, they usually have it coming to them. wink.gif
bd1308
the people i loathe are the Explorer SUV "this is MY road" people who slam on thier brakes and expect for my 30 year old car to just do the same. Didn't happen in January. sad.gif
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (TC/914 @ Mar 18 2005, 08:11 AM)

Yeah, but it's not really the size of the tree, it's the speed of the impact. A relatively tiny tree like that can probably get up to 70 or 80 miles an hour on a flat road. They get going that fast and swerve into an oncoming or even stationary car by the side of the road, and . . . well . . . you see the results.

That car was probably just parked there when the tree smashed into it. Never knew what hit him.

There's no way a tree that small could get going 70 or 80 mph!! rolleyes.gif

45 or 50 maybe, but not 70! screwy.gif
Allan
Just remember, a tree with yellow blooms will be faster. biggrin.gif
riverman
QUOTE (Curvie Roadlover @ Mar 18 2005, 11:04 AM)

Looks like a Japanese Maple. Maybe it's a ricer.
Steve Thacker
QUOTE (Curvie Roadlover @ Mar 18 2005, 12:04 PM)

Curvie you are hilarious. I never thought of it that way. laugh.gif
Lou W
We need to pass a law prohibiting small moving trees near open roads. biggrin.gif
bd1308
yeah we do.....you all are so hillarious....914 people rock!!!!!!!!
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE (riverman @ Mar 18 2005, 11:58 AM)
Looks like a Japanese Maple. Maybe it's a ricer.

Even those wooden go that fast......wood they? rolleyes.gif
GWN7
Ok, when did Miles take over your bodys? biggrin.gif
riverman
QUOTE (Curvie Roadlover @ Mar 18 2005, 02:27 PM)
QUOTE (riverman @ Mar 18 2005, 11:58 AM)
Looks like a Japanese Maple.  Maybe it's a ricer.

Even those wooden go that fast......wood they? rolleyes.gif

At least it hit him trunk first.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.