Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: leaking injectors
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joshporsche
Is there anything i can do? 2 of my injectors are leaking out of the hose. New ones just look too expensive. if it helps its a 1.7 If i need to replace them, does anyone know where i could get cheap ones? or used ones?
Rhodes71/914
Do they have the crimped hose at the injector. If so you can just pull the old hose and crimp off and put some new FI hose on and hose clamp it to the injector. Be sure and use the flat type hose clamp made for FI.

Might as well replace all the hose if it hasn't been done in a couple of years.
phantom914
If the hoses are leaking, you can cut the metal collar on the injector end of the hose to pull the hose off of the injector and use short pieces of high pressure 5/16" or 8mm hose and hose clamps.

Andrew
Joe Bob
That's typical....pull them out, grind the brass crimped bezels off....if not already gone, replace the high pressure FI type hose and use GOOD clamps.
Joshporsche
I've replaced all the hoses from the fuel pump up and now stuck at this point. Thanks for the tips. that will work!
mattillac
agree.gif it's easy. maybe clean out/flow test the injectors as long as you've got them out.
john rogers
Also, make sure to check if the plastic tips are still on the injector and use new seals.
Joshporsche
where is the best place to get new injector seals?
SLITS
Get them from PP or any VW shop (supposedly).

Dave_Darling
They're the same seals that were used on all of the injected air-cooled VWs. But you really should get them from Pelican.... wink.gif rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

--DD
Mueller
Is there anything i can do? 2 of my injectors are leaking out of the hose. New ones just look too expensive.

Have you priced how expensive a car fire can be??? biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.