Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jake needs help..
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jake Raby
I suck with a soldering iron...

I a ready to terminate the wire harnass for my Autronic FI system to be used on the 3 liter...

Anybody up to the job??

I have parts to trade!
ottox914
Any reason you're going with that system over the KitCarlson system?
Jake Raby
The main reason is because I have had it for 3 years and it is paid for..

The system is not as simple as Kit Carlson. (If I used it I would not need any help) and it incorporates Auto Tune and direct fire ignition..

It is also a lot more money than what Kits' system will be.... But like I said it's all paid for!

I plan on testing it directly against Kit's system on the dyno to see the differences on the same engine back to back.

Rouser
PM me and let me know what all it is you need done. I gots all the tools to do the j-o-b.
lapuwali
QUOTE (Jake Raby @ Mar 18 2005, 02:31 PM)
The main reason is because I have had it for 3 years and it is paid for..

The system is not as simple as Kit Carlson. (If I used it I would not need any help) and it incorporates Auto Tune and direct fire ignition..

It is also a lot more money than what Kits' system will be.... But like I said it's all paid for!

I plan on testing it directly against Kit's system on the dyno to see the differences on the same engine back to back.

By "terminate", do you mean fitting all of the connector pins? If so, I'd strongly advocate using crimp-on pins, not solder-cup connectors. If you've already bought all of the connectors, well, that argues for just using them. However, you should think back to your helicopter days, and I'll be willing to bet that most, if not all, of the connectors on those things are crimped, not soldered. There's no real concensus in the general EE community on which is better, but the majority of the aerospace guys use crimped stuff.

I'd take up your offer, but I suck with a soldering iron, too...
Two914s

I am great with a soldering iron but I am in midtown Atlanta and way to busy to drive up to see you in the next few days.

I might be interested in buying the Autotronic from you after you test it against the Kit Carlson system.

I am working on an Electromotive TecII system right now for a V8. I will have that running in the next few days.

Gee, I wish I had the time to come see your shop and do a little soldering!
jwalters
I can do what ever you need in my avionics shop down here---mil-spec guaranteed---have 10,000 of everything--ifn interested pm me--would be glad to help out. J
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.