Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SCCA CenDiv Nat'l race on 4/23 & 24
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Hey all you SCCA drivers. The INR-SCCA region is hosting the first national race of the season (in our area anyways) at Gingerman Raceway in South Haven Michigan. You can download a pdf version of the entry form HERE from our website.

I will be there,not racing but working one of the corners. If you are going to race or watch let me know, and maybe we can met up and have a chowtime.gif beerchug.gif or two.

Please pass this along to anyone that is interested in running. Thanks! smilie_pokal.gif

burnout.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif
GaroldShaffer
weekly bump icon_bump.gif driving.gif
groot
I got the card in the mail yesterday.

I hope to make it, but the list of stuff to do on the car is huge!!!!! More to follow.
Pnambic
If I wasn't getting dragged to my sister-in-law's wedding, I would have loved to be there.
Have fun for me! beer.gif
HotRod
Our first national at Summit Point is 2-3 April. JUST TWO WEEKS TO GO!!!

Not sure if I'll be ready though, BUT...the first regional is 22-23 April.

I'm thinking about running a regional season to sort the car (new suspension I'm trying) and maybe run a few nationals later in the summer.
groot
Garold,

Is there any more information on the practice day? Like how much and when does it start?
groot
Hey, Greg.... new suspension??? Do tell....
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (groot @ Mar 23 2005, 04:54 AM)
Garold,

Is there any more information on the practice day? Like how much and when does it start?

I don't know but I can find out for you. We have a membership meeting tonight and I will get more info for you.
groot
Thanks!!!!!
GaroldShaffer
Weekly bump icon_bump.gif

Kevin, I didn't find out anything about Friday night cost. I will need to call the track and get that info.
groot
No big deal. I can call.
GaroldShaffer
Weekly bump wavey.gif icon_bump.gif
groot
Things are looking promising for me... at this point.

Dave @ Triad is making a second set of stub pipes for me, since my first set is with Len Hoffman. That was the big hurdle. There's still plenty to do, but I knocked out some of the big stuff over last weekend, like mounting the new Koni race dampers in the rear, completing the front stabilizer bar installation, finishing the trailer and so on.
GaroldShaffer
Great, hope you can make it. Keep us posted on your progress. Looking forward to meeting you. driving.gif
Brett W
Yeah Greg, Whatch'a workin' on? biggrin.gif

I'll try and avoid expressing my displeasure with the SCCA right now.

Good luck at the race Kevin.
groot
Don't expect too much... Old engine's gonna be in this car for a while and I've got plenty to learn about this car.....and it's my first time racing at GMan.

I'm headed out the GMan for their evening test and tune tomorrow night with the RX, so at least the race weekend won't be my first time on the track.
HotRod
Kevin, Bret,

I'm using Mueller's roller bearing suspension bushings and need to get some laps on them to see what the best settings for the ride height, sway bar, and shock setting need to be.

I'm just gonna use the 22MM Torsion Bars for the front and 225 springs for the back to start and see how it feels...lsts year I thought that the car felt a little softer using the bushings, but never really got enough laps in at decent speeds to really tell.
GaroldShaffer
Weekly bump.
groot
Is anybody going to be around on Friday? I've got some crew for Sat and Sun, but nobody to help on Friday.

I've got to try to dial in these new dampers.... and get the car going reliably.
GaroldShaffer
I will be there. Going up there around lunch time. The only thing I have to do Friday is attend the F&C class at 7:30 pm, but otherwise I'm open.
groot
Great!! Look for me.
GaroldShaffer
Cool, not only am I corner work for a Nat'l race, I'm pit crew also. clap.gif driving.gif burnout.gif
groot
Do you have driving gear? Suit and helmet? If the car's doing okay, maybe you can run a few laps in it on Friday afternoon....
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE (groot @ Apr 13 2005, 09:39 AM)
Do you have driving gear? Suit and helmet? If the car's doing okay, maybe you can run a few laps in it on Friday afternoon....

ohmy.gif idea.gif I have a helmet but that's it. I just started AXing last year and haven't done any track stuff yet. Thanks for the offer but for now I will just watch. Well maybe I could sit in it and make Vroom Vroom sounds and you take my picture. laugh.gif

My helmet smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
Last bump - I should be there I'm guessing around 2 PMish.

oh, here are the details for Friday night

Gingerman Test Day, Friday April 22
(This is a Non-SCCA sanctioned event)
---------------------------------------------
Cost - $125 per car
Track gates open - 7am
Brief drivers meeting - aprox 8:30am
Open track - 9am to 12:30pm
Lunch Break - 12:30pm
Open track - after lunch to 5pm
Track closed to testing - 5pm
-----------------------------------------------------------
For more information, call Kathy (269)253-4445
-----------------------------------------------------------
SCCA registration - 3pm to 9pm
groot
Weather's looking super crappy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I may need snow tires for this weekend.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.