Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Porsche North America Web site 914's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TJB/914
Hey Guys,

I was looking at the factory web site Porsche North America & followed information available on 914's & found lots of 914 content.
Go to the factory web Porsche North America
go to classic & accessories
then Porsche Classic
Then Classic Models
Then Road Vehicles
Then find 914 and wow lots of stuff

Tom
Example of the attachment
TJB/914
another
TJB/914
another
TJB/914
another
TJB/914
and on & on
TJB/914
more
TJB/914
last one, but there's more
BMartin914
A lot of those pics are out of sales brochures from various years of production.
GTeener
clap.gif I like the green one with green plaid seats smile.gif
markb
I think the red ones are the red metallic Dad's Car was, and will be. Thanks for the pics. smile.gif
teenrookie

<--- I like this one biggrin.gif

Thanks
Brent
Did anyone notice on pic three, the gas door on the hood? First I've seen that. I've seen the GT polished gas door, but never a "body" door.
Bleyseng
Prototype #5 is the red car. Has the gas filler door same as the Ferry Porsche 914/8 car.

Geoff
Brent
Is the Ferry 914/8 car the one in the Stutgart museum? I have pics of that when I went there on my honeymoon. Before the digital age, I got to find dem Kodaks and check out the detail I've been missing for years!
Dave_Darling
There are two 914-8s that get rotated through the Factory museum. The Piech car is the orange one, Porsche's is the silver one. The Piech car has double headlights; the Porsche has the fuel filler (I think). I have pics around somwhere of the silver one... Both were built from protypes of the same era as the Infamous Number Four.

--DD
Brent
Thanks Dave! The orange one is what I had seen there. I have to meet you soon and pick your historical brain! Can't make it to the WCC this year (unemployed) but trying to attend one of the BA functions.

You have answered more than one of my "historical" questions; again, priceless.
SGB
Note that the red one also has a chrome strip along the window squeegie- like another prototype that has been not discussed recently. I've always thought the car needed that to follow the existing lines on along the windows to the trim along the bottom of the sail panel.
TJB/914
Hey guys I am finding lots of other interesting stuff on the site

TJB/914
another
SirAndy
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Mar 18 2005, 05:06 PM)
the Porsche has the fuel filler (I think).

yepp Ferry Porsches silver 914-8 has the fuel door in the hood just like the red car in the pic ...

wink.gif Andy
MattR
I have all the different wallpapers (911, boxster, 962, 550, etc) saved on my computer and they cycle through as my screen saver mueba.gif
TJB/914
better pic of 1972 model
John
I'm not sure of the silver 914-8, but I thought the ORANGE one had the filler in the cowel.
John
other
redshift
If they catch you posting their content here, they will send out a big mean man to beat you.

M
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.