Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3.6 power problem....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
My SC with the 3.6 has an issue....just gassed up and went thru two gears onto the freeway. Third gear fell flat on it's face.....

Pulled over, turned off the motor looked in back for anything loose...nothing obvious...fire it up and pull away....1,2 and third....crap.....

Pulled and replaced the fuel filter...no obvious water in the fuel, "some" sediment on the tank side....replaced with new filter.....went "farther" like about a 1 mile and then still lost power......pull over, wait a bit and starts up, full power then flat again.

Drained fuel and checked screen, clean...waiting on buddy with fuel pressure gauge.....but until then...any ideas?

fiid
It wouldn't be something related to the act of shifting into third would it? An electrical short? I suppose this is a 911 - so the shiftrod wouldn't go under the engine..... ???

Joe Bob
No...happens in all gears...but will come back strong after letting it sit about a minute....then starting it again...
Qarl
Check the POS power chip....

just kidding.

Mueller
O2 sensor going bad?

Have you replaced the belt in the dizzy??
Trekkor
carbs or FI?
bondo
Drawing a vacuum in the gas tank?
Joe Bob
Looks like bad fuel....pressure is fine and new gas...no problems...
Trekkor
Add race gas... monkeydance.gif

KT
Katmanken
Yeah,

Bad gas would be my bet. Gotta bad load in my Vanagon two years ago. Pulled the tank, drained the gas, took the tank to the car wash and proceded to dump 3/4 inch of sediment, clay, rust, etc.

No more BP for meeeeee!!!!

Ohio DOESNT have gas quality laws. The gas company screws up, they can always dump it in OHIO. Kentucky, Illinois, etc have LAWs and FINES against that so, off to Ohio..... ar15.gif ar15.gif

Still pullin crap outa the tank into the filter.

Ken
Jeroen
friend of mine had something that sounds similar to your problem
check the injector wiring, the end where they come together and connect to the frame/rack in the eng.compartment
they are held in place there with "paperclip" pins (sorry, can't think of a better term)
If these work themselves loose, your injectors will only randomly open
MattR
It probably still has more power than my 912 slap.gif
EdwardBlume
If its a power loss at a certain rpm, check your distributor cap... I've heard of hairline cracks shorting out the FI at certain rpms when the cap is bad.
SirAndy
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 18 2005, 03:23 PM)
any ideas?

i trade you a bad boy /4 ... ready to smoke the tires off your car, just bolt it in and you're ready to fly!!!

biggrin.gif Andy
Joe Bob
Nope...it took a dump....when it wanted to....it was inconsistent...that's the bitch....nothing was the same....

headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.