Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: bouncy tach
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
scotty914
title say it, i was wondering how much they charge to stop a tach from bouncing, with the tach working otherwise?
Trekkor
I called down there and they quoted $250. dry.gif

Maybe I misunderstood them...

KT
seanery
Isn't bouncy tach a symptom of a poor ground? If so, check your grounds first. It's cheaper. smile.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE (seanery @ Mar 18 2005, 05:31 PM)
Isn't bouncy tach a symptom of a poor ground? If so, check your grounds first. It's cheaper. smile.gif

agree.gif bouncy tach is usually *not* your tachs fault!

i fixed mine (along with a few other gremlins) by getting a new relay board ...
cool.gif Andy
scotty914
well i will let the cat out of the bag

i found something internal that fixes some of the bouncy tach problems. i am just wondering what would be a fair price to charge for the service. i would feel guilty charging over 50 bucks, its not hard just takes some time. i would also calibrate the tach to 3000 rpms or so.
Otmar
Heck, I put a big fat cap on mine and now it's rock solid, except when the ground wire gets loose...

Matter a fact, here's my notes on it:
Sun 04/25/04 06:26 PM
Tachometer bounce getting to be too much,
Added 2650 uF 10V across the coil winding. This helped a lot, no more bounce, reasonable response.

Been great ever since. biggrin.gif
scotty914
i found a mechanical thing inside that is affected by wear ( ie old age ) basicly if you smack you dash and it jumps i can fix it
Aaron Cox
gigure out how to trigger a tach from a mallory cdi.... 12V squar wave at 20 percent duty cycle yada yada
scotty914
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 18 2005, 07:51 PM)
gigure out how to trigger a tach from a mallory cdi....  12V squar wave at 20 percent duty cycle yada yada

not a problem, 3 parts needed a small capacitor, and transitor and another capacitor

basicly the transistor can trigger to ground when it gets triggered by the cdi box, the capacitors are to level out the spikes
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (scott thacher @ Mar 18 2005, 08:56 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Mar 18 2005, 07:51 PM)
gigure out how to trigger a tach from a mallory cdi....  12V squar wave at 20 percent duty cycle yada yada

not a problem, 3 parts needed a small capacitor, and transitor and another capacitor

basicly the transistor can trigger to ground when it gets triggered by the cdi box, the capacitors are to level out the spikes

make it happen for me!

tell me what i need to do smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.