Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Manta 1.7/1.8l Dual Exhaust
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
iansale
Does anyone have first-hand experience with Manta's dual exhaust for the 1.7/1.8l engine?

Reasonable quality? Fit ok? Is it unbearably loud?
SirAndy
i have one on my '70 1.8 D-Jet ...

good quality. the original black paint won't last a week, i repainted it with heat-resistant paint (home depot) and that works well. performance seems similar to the bursch i had before. sound is different from a bursch, maybe a bit quieter, but has a nice roar at higer RPMs ...

most people don't realise that the 2 exhausts are actually connected (open) in the middle where the 2 tubes touch each other. which is a good thing! performance wise ...

Andy

IPB Image
tat2dphreak
one on my '72...
I love it, very low sound, very Loud!! I set of car alarms at idle and rattle windows at half throttle! I love it though! aktion035.gif
Dave Cawdrey
I have the same one, too. I only drove 80 miles w/ it, but loved the tone.

Picture me on I-5, top off, no trunk lid, doin' 85. The feel of the muffler was awesome, even for a 1.7L smoke.gif
tat2dphreak
I hear you bro... makes my 1.7 sound huge... even with a bad head sad.gif
Andyrew
If my muffler isnt shot, then this thing muffler is louder than my dads track car, its just plain loud, im a teenager, and cops love teenagers, so I cant afford to run it, but I love the sound. gnarly
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.