Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: First time engine pull
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jones
It's out smilie_pokal.gif No big issues except a fuel line became hung up, the cap I put on it popped off, now I am high on gas fumes blink.gif
I bought an ATV lift, I have never done an engine pull before so I don’t know how much easier it was than a service jack. I need to build some sort of cradle for my next pull. Things didn’t line up where I would have liked them. I am however able to push the engine/tranny around with ease and raise it up enough to get to the underside of them for cleaning and whatnot.
Damn, Those gas fumes are killing me barf.gif Time to do some cleaning.
It's pretty nice being able to see my entire engine compartment and ALL of my engine/tranny.
I will post some pics later. aktion035.gif beerchug.gif smilie_pokal.gif boldblue.gif mueba.gif
SirAndy
smilie_pokal.gif that wasn't so hard, now was it?

biggrin.gif Andy
Gint
Quite simple really... smilie_pokal.gif beerchug.gif

QUOTE (jones Posted on Mar 18 2005 @ 11:26 PM)

I will post some pics later.

I should hope so. But just in case...

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
rhodyguy
pretty simple wasn't it? these guys will be relentless until you buy a camera john. do you plan on cleaning up the engine compartment? sound pad removal, paint,... the usual suspects.

k
Bleyseng
Remember to not smoke around all that gas dude. Good to hear ya got it out without a hitch.

Geoff biggrin.gif smash.gif
spare time toys
Out is the simple part. smile.gif Now gettn it to fit back in.... wacko.gif
JoeSharp
Kool. Linda pulled hers and put it back in, in the same weekend (a 3 day weekend)
biggrin.gif Joe
McMark
Congrats on your first one!

I pulled mine yesterday, as well. Then I replaced the valve springs, then I measured new pushrods, then I put the engine back in.

LONG DAY!
Katmanken
Congrats on your first engine pull!!!

Beetles are easier.....

My record (with the Beetle jacked up, tools ready) is 4 minutes to place the engine on the ground behind the car. Usta think nothing of pulling the engine and fixing something in an hour or so.

Teeners are more trouble in that the body gets lifted to clear the engine/tranny but still not too bad..

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.