Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Getting Ready for WCR 2016
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
greenie
What to make of this?
greenie
My great helper the one and only RhodyGuy !

We installed Rotary914s stainless fuel lines today!

Could not have gone smoother, a beautiful product!
greenie

I still have plenty to do, anti sway bar next!
rhodyguy
Fun. Not very dirty because the car is so clean. Tidy. I'll look and see if I can find the pictures from when al installed his anti-sways at my house. Show the tank recess. Really nice! A little soap and water and it will be swell.
KELTY360
QUOTE(greenie @ Jan 31 2016, 06:13 PM) *

What to make of this?

He's looking in the wrong end for the engine. poke.gif
rhodyguy
I was vacuuming the tank recess. I forgot the powerplant wasn't in the front of the car. icon_bump.gif dry.gif icon_bump.gif rolleyes.gif slap.gif
JRust
Hey Hey Hey looking good. Man Kevin traffic must have been horrible getting to Greenie's evilgrin.gif . Those SS fuel lines are great. Good to see that upgrade in every 914. As long as we can keep all the wheels on your car Kurt. All will be well piratenanner.gif
greenie
The fuel line replacement is an easy job. smile.gif

1) Drop engine & tranny

2) Gut interior

2.5)Remove shifter plate & front and rear access panels

3) pull fuel tank etc.

4)Remove passenger rear wheel

5) Insert 1st fuel line, call out to helper "push" "pull" rotate clockwise 20 degrees,
no the other clockwise, no counterclockwise, not so hard, pull it back, it's snagged, WTF.gif mad.gif ,easy now, where did it go?, I think I see it! How does this boot/grommet line up? We did it, not to bad!

5.5)Repeat step 5 for 2nd (return fuel line) you will need to add more time for additional snagging and questioning of your helpers skills, his basic grasp of the English lanquage and general competence. After you calm down and apologize to your helper this step really isn't that tough.

6) Reassemble reverse order of installation
Dave_Darling
You forgot the comments on said helper's ancestry... wink.gif

--DD
rhodyguy
#4 should be #5.6. That would be 5+5.5=45 minutes and a helper that took matters into his own hands. See my comment in rotary914's (Robert) vendor member thread. "How are you going to loosen the lugs with the tire in the air?" "Set the parking brake? It works...right?". wink.gif
sixnotfour
Why is the garage sooo Klean ???
good job batman and robin beerchug.gif
McMark
I don't understand why you're so Anti-Sway? Looks like fun to me. beer.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.