Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: A special shout-out to Series9/Joe
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThePaintedMan
This weekend I took my son Nolan to his first race, the Rolex 24 at Daytona. Technically he was "there" with mom and I last year, but things were a little quieter in the womb. This time he got the full experience!

I decided to drive over just for the day to give mom some peace and quiet back home. When I arrived, Joe O'Brien (Series9), his lovely Jenny and James (ellisor3) were beyond gracious and allowed me to park in their spot. They kept Nolan entertained while I unpacked all his food, diapers, etc and helped me manage him when he inevitably became cranky with the noise and after the long drive. If that wasn't enough, James made sure we got fed some excellent steak for dinner and Nolan got enjoy some night racing before we headed back home.

Thank you again to all of you for being such gracious impromptu hosts - Joe and Jenny were actually enjoying their first "break" from parenting after they had their own little one this year, so I cannot say thank you enough for spending some of your own time to help me out. If anyone here ever needed another example of what a great community we have and what awesome people that you get to know, I can't think of a better one. Thank you guys.
Series9
George, you are the absolute best.

Thanks for the kind words. It was great to see you.

You're the guy who is going to make the name "George" great again in the 914 community.

beerchug.gif
ThePaintedMan
beerchug.gif Thanks man, I try my best.

r_towle
so,
joe and his wife finally had a kid free day scheduled and you crashed the party, ate all the food, left dirty diapers strewn about, and snuck away while they watched your kid for you????

I would thank them too, maybe send them flowers.

rich
ThePaintedMan
That's pretty much how it went down. Me being all entitled and everything. Here's a picture of Joe dealing with the sun-down blues.
EdwardBlume
Damn, that's a good looking kid! Are you sure he's yours?
r_towle
Entitled to what?
mepstein
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Feb 2 2016, 03:39 PM) *

That's pretty much how it went down. Me being all entitled and everything. Here's a picture of Joe dealing with the sun-down blues.

Looks like he dropped him
ThePaintedMan
Entitled to beer mostly these days. Joe was doing his best to make him happy while I was fixing a bottle. #dadproblems
r_towle
Nice to have friends
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.