Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear springs/suspension
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RR914
Newer member looking for feedback
Wanting to upgrade/lower rear suspension for 914/4 with big bore. Street and Light AX use. Should I do 914/6 springs or 140 springs? Bilsteins and 2 standard sways? I do not have any of the 911 upgrades and that set up would Beirut of my budget plans right now, because I'm restoring another. Thanks for feedback Anybody have any of these items for sale?
rfinegan
The combo I run is a stock torsion bar spring in from with a 19mm front sway and 100lb rear spring with the stock rear bar. Good ride and handle for a Daily Driver
struckn
I'd run it like it is if you haven't done any Autocross events yet, and see how it does. It would give you a performance bass line. Also might put you in a stock class that you would most likely already have a better car then most.
Bobby Smith
I've done all of the following with good success. I'll list from most costly on down:
*JRZ shocks with adjustable spring perches and Eibach 200lbs springs
*Koni externally adjustable yellow sport shocks with adjustable spring perches and hypercoil 200lbs springs
(note 200 lbs may be a tad stiff for the street and I auto-x mine)
*Koni internally adjustable hydraulic orange shocks with 140 lbs springs (great for street use)
*Use your current shocks and cut your stock springs. As I recall, I cut 1 1/2-2 coils out using a cutting disc. Make sure you cut equal amounts on both springs. This has the combination of lowering the car AND stiffening the spring rate and it cost NOTHING.
Just my 2 cents
Bobby Smith
QUOTE(struckn @ Feb 1 2016, 12:15 PM) *

I'd run it like it is if you haven't done any Autocross events yet, and see how it does. It would give you a performance bass line. Also might put you in a stock class that you would most likely already have a better car then most.

As much as I love 914's, you will be out gunned if you auto-x it in ANY SCCA stock class. It's sad but true.
Eric_Shea
For a mainly street driven car and, an excellent autocross weapon:

19mm adjustable front bar.
140lb rear springs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.