Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need Fender Rolling help - Fast
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
This thing is leaking like a sieve and I have no time to repair it myself. Anyway, on my way to gass up I hear my tires rubbing pretty good so before I make the trip to Little Foreign Car, I want to do the bat thing.

Looking for quick how too, like what end of the baseball bat? Isn't the wide part too fat?

smash.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif smash.gif

I'm leaving in about an hour, so any fast replies would be great. Thanks!!
Mueller
i'd start with the skinny portion 1st.....

drivers side example:
start at 10 o'clock position moving the bat towards the back of the car....it'll become pretty evident on how to move the bat once you see the fender moving away from the tire....

djm914-6
Not being a baseball guy, doesn't the skinny end have some sort of a knob on it? Won't the knob do something to the fender... not that I care about the fenders.

I found Jenny's thread and that helped a bit.
rhodyguy
above the knobed end. i said knobed. haha

k
Mueller
well yea, it does have the knob, you just have to use a little common sense not to have that part become "influential" on the fender smile.gif

If held at an angle, the knob portion should not touch the fender....

I've also had luck using like a 1x1 piece of wood...of course it does not roll, so it must be tapped with a hammer to get it to move between the fender and the tire..
grantsfo
I used a small diameter rolling pin
rhodyguy
i don't mine using the kithen appliances for some car related things. the wifes rolling pin? jeanne would have a use for it if i did. spank.gif alfred.gif . the title for the kick over smilie is funny. chairfall.gif

k
djm914-6
Well, I used the little end for a few passes then sain to heck with it and used the fat end. No more rubbin'!
grantsfo
QUOTE (rhodyguy @ Mar 19 2005, 09:03 AM)
i don't mine using the kithen appliances for some car related things. the wifes rolling pin? jeanne would have a use for it if i did. spank.gif alfred.gif . the title for the kick over smilie is funny. chairfall.gif

k

I should have done a whole kitchen series from baking my painted wheels in the oven to using the rolling pin to roll out the rear fenders! Ah the joys of not working and being home when my wife is at work. ..if she only knew! dance.gif
Trekkor
3/4" pipe and 1-1/2" pipe. smash.gif

KT
914MF
boldblue.gif thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.