Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 'rusty' wrapped Porsche 997 GT2
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
thieuster
Check it out:'Rusty' wrap. Your taste or...

Menno
Shadowfax
Thanks for posting. Just think, he could have bought a 914 with that patina and saved a little $$ on the wrap. Oh yeah and saved some on the car too haha.
SKL1
"barn" finds are all the rage now at the auctions, so this will fit right in...
carr914
looks like ass! and I usually like the unusual
rhodyguy
I like it. Telling the same story about the wrap would get old. 1 week should do the job. One would have to like talking about their car ALL of the time.
DBCooper
I have a van that I park on the street, and sometimes leave things in it that I'd really rather not have stolen. My son suggested this wrap, for theft-prevention:

IPB Image

Scares me. That's an imminent threat of tetanus, right there.

poorsche914
I like it.

Reminds me of "painting" the cars in Forza.

driving.gif
RickS
Love it.

Would like to do that look on my SC. Germanic rat.
colingreene
IPB Image

Looks better on a mini, but it could be because this one is hand painted to look like this.
stevegm
Love it!
zambezi
Looks ok but they went overboard with the rivet theme. It should just look like rusted panels not riveted on sheetmetal.
Larmo63
I like everything about it. It's kind of "in your face" to the Porsche perfectionists.
oldschool
Great job, maybe if it was done......less is more if you know what I mean...
mgp4591
Looks cool enough for someone to steal... it's all the rage now so it would be disappearing from a street near you soon! lol-2.gif
mbseto
I could like the concept, but it still looks glossy and all the trim is perfect- at first glance, you know something doesn't jive. Shouts 'poser'.

Patina should be earned.
MoveQik
I've got a '63 Galaxie that looks like that but I don't need no stinking wrap! biggrin.gif
flmont
Hmm a Porsche rat-rod....it could grow on me...
Unobtanium-inc
I
I've been seeing the Speedster kit cars guys doing this. Ironic that someone would add rust to a Porsche, it normally gets there without an invitation.
Rust is real on this one.
JmuRiz
Every time I see faux patina I think of this:
IPB Image

Now this car, that when/if I have the time/space/money to work on will stay looking like this with new mechanical bits. Currently sitting on the farm waiting for me.
TheCabinetmaker
Here's my work truck. 85 5L, with Saginaw 4 speed granny low. Wouldn't trade it for a new one.

IPB Image
Cracker
I don't. Looks awful to me. I guess, different strokes for...

Tony
Mueller
It is not that bad, some thought and design went into it for sure so props for that.

That being said, if company car or for promotions it is cool.

If just some rich dude trying to be a hipster to get his 15 minutes...well it screams tool!
DBCooper
QUOTE(Mueller @ Feb 3 2016, 09:40 PM) *
If just some rich dude trying to be a hipster to get his 15 minutes...

Ha ha, but that also describes why a lot of Porsches are sold, doesn't it? To tamp down middle aged crises? I thought it was funny, a kind of counterpoint to ten thousand dollar paint, and at the end of the day it's not even permanent, just a wrap.

EdwardBlume
You can burn dollars in your fireplace or take pictures of your wife without makeup, but why?
mepstein
Why I'm thinking of leaving it as is.
At least for now....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.