Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WRX conversion on craigslist
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
matthepcat
I have seen this car in the past:

http://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/5408785488.html

Anyone on here involved in the build? Looks like a renegade car.

$40k just seems like a stretch.

IPB Image
madmax914
Kent at Precision Chassis Works in Phoenix built the car, He does very nice work. It's probably what he has into the car; it’s been for sale for quite a few years now. It's probably one of the better done conversions. Someone will come along and want it.
PancakePorsche
Bet it would easily blow the doors off my 2.7 six conversion ! Just wouldn't sound as cool.
76-914
Yet he kept the old "901" set up w/ mechanical clutch. barf.gif
matthepcat
QUOTE(76-914 @ Feb 2 2016, 07:42 AM) *

Yet he kept the old "901" set up w/ mechanical clutch. barf.gif

Agree, although I think this was built before using the WRX trans became more common.
Cairo94507
Bump for a well built beautiful car.
malcolm2
With no heat in an AZ car, wouldn't it be better to run the radiator hoses thru the longs? Those hoses and clamps must be 2" closer to the ground than the car. Seems like you would hide and protect those better.
Chris914n6
For a bare body resto and quality parts, $40k is a fair price.
Andyrew
QUOTE(malcolm2 @ Feb 3 2016, 07:08 AM) *

With no heat in an AZ car, wouldn't it be better to run the radiator hoses thru the longs? Those hoses and clamps must be 2" closer to the ground than the car. Seems like you would hide and protect those better.

Not typically an issue. The hose ID is only about 1.5" and they suck into those channels a good 1/2" leaving only 1" lower. And its rubber so if you hit it it bounces back. I doubt it has or will ever hit the ground. Also if you go through the longs it comes out the inside of the cabin or you have to drill through the wheel wells. Not ideal and doesnt work very well. Method used on this car is the preferred method.

Good looking conversion, I hope he gets 35k for it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.