Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Seat Belt Retractor Bolt Backing Plates
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
cary
I promised Doug (raynecat) the backing plates for the seat belt retractors from my $75 parts car, but the firewall is rust free. Someone may need it in the future.
So I'm looking for someone with a crappy old firewall in the scrap pile that's willing to remove the backing plates.
Click to view attachment
bdstone914
I have a couple of parts cars I can cut them out of. Are his rusted out or is he converting from early belts?
cary
71 chassis. Wants retractable shoulder harnesses.
I looked at the 71 chassis that I have. The fire wall looks the same minus the the hole and the backing plate. Are they ?
bdstone914
QUOTE(cary @ Feb 2 2016, 10:00 PM) *

I looked at the 71 chassis that I have. The fire wall looks the same minus the the hole and the backing plate. Are they ?

No are not thee same shape. you have to cut out the whole recessed area with the backing to do a conversion. The early cars had an area more flat.
raynekat
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 3 2016, 03:30 AM) *

No are not thee same shape. you have to cut out the whole recessed area with the backing to do a conversion. The early cars had an area more flat.

Thanks.
This is for my car Cary and Bdstone.
It's a 71 but I'd like to get the retractable seat belts installed.
The car will be going through a major overhaul with lots of body panels, etc. so I would think this is the time to do this.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And thanks Cary....your my Porsche bud for sure.
smile.gif
cary
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Feb 3 2016, 03:30 AM) *

PM me a price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.