Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Oh yeah! I drove it!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Series9
Wow! I almost forgot how insanely fast this car is with the 3.6. The new 915 tranny makes some really nice whinning noises that are actually audible over the engine noise.
Series9
2:
Series9
3:
Series9
last:
xitspd
Looking good buddy! What kind of tires did you mount? clap.gif
dinomium
that is really sumptin hot there!
BMartin914
You Bastard! wink.gif I'm jealous. Way to go! smilie_pokal.gif

When are you gonna get that thing up to denver to let us take a look at it (and of course meet the owner)? idea.gif
SpecialK
Looks FAST!

Wicked from the back! Love the exhaust! drooley.gif
rhodyguy
i look forward to seeing your car in person next month.

k
neo914-6
Well done! smilie_pokal.gif

A definite 914club calender model!
Porsche Rescue
Joe, probably been asked before, but which manufacturer did your front bumper/valance?
Car is a work of art.
jones
In all of your working on yhe RS you have neglected your grass, it has turned grey biggrin.gif
Nice looking car smilie_pokal.gif
redshift
Great, when you get to this point, you either finish dressing it up, or start looking for ways to make it lighter..

smile.gif

Nice man... it's a hell of a ride, I'm sure.

M
Series9
QUOTE (xitspd @ Mar 19 2005, 12:15 PM)
Looking good buddy! What kind of tires did you mount? clap.gif

Kumho MX
Series9
QUOTE (BMartin914 @ Mar 19 2005, 01:06 PM)
When are you gonna get that thing up to denver to let us take a look at it (and of course meet the owner)? idea.gif

Sometime this summer.
Series9
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Mar 19 2005, 02:45 PM)
Joe, probably been asked before, but which manufacturer did your front bumper/valance?
Car is a work of art.

Getty.
Doug Leggins
Looks awesome...fantastic work!!

It must be an absolute blast to drive.
Rand
I like it, I like it!! drooley.gif
The black and CF really look hot with that yellow.
Steve Thacker
Very nice ...uh huh very nice. clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

I'm now setting here with a pup tent blink.gif

Nothing like the first ride after all the work.
Maltese Falcon
Hey Joe, your mufflers are crooked ... ohmy.gif
...made you look ! Looking gud biggrin.gif
I'll be taking mine off the stands on Sunday...finally finished the trick @&#!!'s that I showed you last month...actually did 2 cars at the same time. Both should be at WCC next month . C 'y'all there ...Marty
East coaster
Explain the drive! What's a 3.6 914 like??

I'm still putting mine together and need inspiration.
Series9
QUOTE (East coaster @ Mar 19 2005, 07:53 PM)
Explain the drive! What's a 3.6 914 like??

I'm still putting mine together and need inspiration.

It's 'somewhat' fast until you hit 4k rpm, then it's stupidly fast. Like most Porsche engines, the engine has to 'get up on the cam' before really impressive things begin to happen, but once that point is surpassed, it's a white-knuckle ride that leaves perma-grins plastered for quite a while.

I'm actually a little disappointed that the rear tires don't have more traction. They light up REALLY easily. Whatever. Next time: Race rubber.
Gint
clap.gif

Nice Joe!
John
I'm actually a little disappointed that the rear tires don't have more traction.

You just need to get them warm. They stick better hot.
bondo
Wowie. It's hard to imagine it'll get to that point someday. How long ago was the dip?
vortrex
why is it sitting so high in the rear? almost looks like there is no motor in it.
rick 918-S
QUOTE (vortrex @ Mar 19 2005, 09:51 PM)
why is it sitting so high in the rear? almost looks like there is no motor in it.

Oh it has a motor alright.... wub.gif clap.gif
vortrex
obviously it has a motor, but I have never seen a jacked up 914 before. you got air shocks back there??
Series9
QUOTE (bondo @ Mar 19 2005, 10:47 PM)
Wowie. It's hard to imagine it'll get to that point someday. How long ago was the dip?

October 2003
Series9
QUOTE (vortrex @ Mar 19 2005, 10:56 PM)
obviously it has a motor, but I have never seen a jacked up 914 before. you got air shocks back there??

Nothing's been adjusted yet. This is the first time it's been on the ground with the coil-over rear suspension. Give me a week to get it out for alignment/ride height/corner balance.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.