Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repeat Topic - Massachusetts Garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
djm914-6
http://www.lfcg.com/

Got the leaking 914 to the garage with no problems. The owner was there to my suprise as they are supposed to be closed today. He told me to park inside and then gave me and my family a tour of his projects. There was a nice fast (that's read Yellow) 3.0L 914-6 and his own Sheridan bodied 914 race car. Then there was the right hand drive mini couper S for sale that I liked a lot. My wife liked the 993 Cab that was also for sale. Both nice examples and suprisingly priced very well. Also there was a few other Brits, a couple BMWs and 911s.

Anyway, the owner seems very nice and has a great customer repore.
william harris
Hey David: what you doing to your car? Mine is finally being painted, should be back next week. Suspension has been powder coated and all suspension goodies are on order - went with Elephant Racing polybronze stuff. biggrin.gif Will post pictures soon. clap.gif
djm914-6
I'm just having Skipper put a stop to that fuel leak I had since last summer. If I have enough cash left over I'll see if he can try to track down another oil leak.

Why is it that everyone in my family is impresses that the car started with just a few cranks after sitting for almost a year? Doesn't suprise me at all. I took it for a quick ride to run some errands then dropped it off. Ran like a champ.

Amy told me that she really like the 993 cab, so I need to get her more into Porsches. When you get all the bugs worked out, please bring that pretty boy (CW biggrin.gif ) ride to Burlington so I can show her what I'm working towards.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (william harris @ Mar 19 2005, 07:28 PM)
suspension goodies are on order - went with Elephant Racing polybronze stuff.

I guess you were going to tell me next time we talked on the phone. ohmy.gif
It's probably the best choice in your case. sad.gif
You'll have the car on its wheels by the time I get back from my trip. clap.gif beerchug.gif
mskala
Good deal Dave. I could be remembering wrong, but I thought I've
been told that shop is really into like Rabbits and stuff and trying
to not get into 914 stuff anymore.

Time to get the valves done on my car before it gets too nice outside.
Thorshammer
MSKALA,

You are thinking of Dick Shines "Shine Racing" in Walpole, he is starting to phase out his Porsche work. But, Skipper Hull of the "Little Foreign Car Garage" is alive and well and continues to work on 914's. If anyone gets stuck without a mechanic, I can be bribed. Live just off the Cape. All heavy work must be drop and leave, meaning drop the motor and get the chassis out of here.

Erik Madsen
Soccerrace@aol.com

Post Script: Don't do chassis rust repair, see Chris Foley. And William I hope you bought the 200.00 worth of reamers to install those bushings correctly. It's the only way.
djm914-6
QUOTE (mskala @ Mar 20 2005, 07:31 PM)
Good deal Dave. I could be remembering wrong, but I thought I've
been told that shop is really into like Rabbits and stuff and trying
to not get into 914 stuff anymore.

Time to get the valves done on my car before it gets too nice outside.

Mark, now is the time to get it done. He's only busy with restoration work right now, so there's no lines-no waiting. He's very much into 914s and seemed quite happy to see another come into the shop. The last time I was in there, he was packed with work.

Amy shot me down on the 993. While she said she liked the car, I need to pay off the van first. I suppse she's right. So, if anyone is looking for a 1 owner 60k mile manual 993 Cabriolet for ~$30k, call Skipper for the owners name. Looks like a sweet car.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.