Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: The other mid engine Porsche is home
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
She went to datona for a vacation in the sun. I was told she ran very well and a 19 year old took her for some hot laps around the track, only being passed by a 917. Now she's back home. Bob has kept the boost down on the turbo until it gets rebuilt. Maybe faster next time.
23e Heure
aktion035.gif
EdwardBlume

agree.gif
aktion035.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 3 2016, 07:41 AM) *

She went to datona for a vacation in the sun. I was told she ran very well and a 19 year old took her for some hot laps around the track, only being passed by a 917. Now she's back home. Bob has kept the boost down on the turbo until it gets rebuilt. Maybe faster next time.

Who is Bob and who is the 19 year old ?
mepstein
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Feb 3 2016, 08:29 AM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 3 2016, 07:41 AM) *

Who is Bob and who is the 19 year old ?

Bob Russo is the caretaker of the car and works for us. Used to be crew chief for Holbert racing, ect. I don't know the 19 year old but bob says he's good so that's saying a lot.
falcor75
now there's an engine to rouse the neighbours with 7:am on a sunday morning.... biggrin.gif
rick 918-S
Nice! smile.gif
maf914
I saw that ex-Dyson 962 in the historic car display at the Rolex 24 Hrs this past weekend. I have a couple of photos somewhere.
maf914
Duplicate post.
krazykonrad
Nice! How did it end up in your garage?

Konrad
Puebloswatcop
Sweet, I want one aktion035.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Feb 3 2016, 09:32 AM) *

Konrad

Bob works for us. He is the cars caretaker. We are awesome/lucky.

I want to update this photo
rhodyguy
You stepped in to a pretty cool job mark.
mgp4591
That really puts it in perspective- to see our cars compared with most on the road, we're pretty small... put a 914 next to a beast like that and realize in some ways it's even SMALLER is a real eye opener! Now dial in over a 1000 hp under full boost and you've got one E-ticket ride! w00t.gif
struckn
That's a great picture. Looks like the wheel base is close to the same and the longer length is in the nose.

mepstein
QUOTE(struckn @ Feb 3 2016, 12:43 PM) *

That's a great picture. Looks like the wheel base is close to the same and the longer length is in the nose.

I have to check the dimensions of the '62. It clears the trailer by about a 1/2" on each side while my narrow body 914 probably has a foot on each side. We have to park the ramp, just so and take off the front body work or it won't clear the ramp.
Dion
Awesome stuff Mark. That would be cool shot. Your 914 next to the 962.
Very cool.
madmax914
More Pictures Please! piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif
sfrenck
QUOTE(mepstein @ Feb 3 2016, 10:29 AM) *

QUOTE(krazykonrad @ Feb 3 2016, 09:32 AM) *

Konrad

Bob works for us. He is the cars caretaker. We are awesome/lucky.

I want to update this photo

Click to view attachment
Cool pic - never knew you could get chrome windshield washer jets.
GermermanCarGuy
wub.gif Man. I so need to win the Lottery.
Vysoc
Other than the 917 next to the 914 at SPA this picture is timeless, I would love to have it in Poster size!

Great photo thanks for sharing!!

Vysoc flag.gif
rgalla9146
What a great picture.
Porsches first overall winner of the 24Hours of LeMans, 1970. Richard Attwood/ Hans Herrmann
Is the picture at LeMans ? Spa ?
The tower in the distance looks familiar.
Anyone ?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.