Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: On Ebay This Will Set a Record Price
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
Mike Fitton
No Affiliation, very nice.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1973-Porsche-914-/...=p2056016.l4276
iwanta914-6
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Feb 3 2016, 10:07 AM) *

Yeah, I saw that one too. Way out of my price range already.
JeffBowlsby
5 million photos of the belly, but not a single engine bay photo? Is that a dashcap I see? Door speakers.

An interesting 914 for sure, have not seen it around here before. Very nice in many respects and will command a high value.

A bit over prepared to my eye, too much armorall, looks like the suspension and exhaust were repainted.
ndfrigi
Nice! Good, price of this car is really going up although this one is clean except no pictures from top engine!

edit: you can see the engine from the video.
Cal
Nice car......the underside is in beautiful condition. Not much in the way of description, history, COA or documentation. If the dealer spent a little more time researching the car first he could probably get more money. 'As-is' it'll probably sell in the low 20's. Should be interesting to see what it sells for.....
carr914
Why do say it will bring a Record Price? I've seen much nicer!
Yahmann
What's the record price?? I sold my 1974 2L in December for $22000 plus shipping from CA to TN. I thought it was worth more. I bought another in January.

So what is "record price"?
JeffBowlsby
Here are some record prices:

http://bowlsby.net/914/Classic/RecentSales.htm
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(carr914 @ Feb 3 2016, 04:50 PM) *

Why do say it will bring a Record Price? I've seen much nicer!

These cars are super hot right now, record price for a 1.7 is $25,000 I think. I have seen nicer also but not for sale!
914runnow
at 57 tho miles why a new capet kit??\
and has a 74 1.8 muff on it..
Racer
Wouldn't a '73 1.7 with appearance group have the same center console as the 2.0 with gauges in it?
Garland
Notice that little gap at the last digit on the odometer. I'm just saying.
racerbvd
I know someone who turned down $40K on a 74LE.
jsayre914
Very Nice!
billh1963
QUOTE(racerbvd @ Feb 4 2016, 09:22 PM) *

I know someone who turned down $40K on a 74LE.

Was it a creamsicle? ...lol
87m491
In what market did the Sept 15 LE @ $46K trade?

QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Feb 4 2016, 06:11 AM) *

JeffBowlsby
USA
Cal
Already at $23,600.00 with 5 days left in the auction.....that's strong money considering it's not a 2.0L. popcorn[1].gif
914runnow
QUOTE(Racer @ Feb 4 2016, 03:24 PM) *

Wouldn't a '73 1.7 with appearance group have the same center console as the 2.0 with gauges in it?

Noperz....center console for 73 was exclusive for the 2.0..as also was the
sway bars...
Yahmann
He has a reserve of $27k Plus - so I'll bet he has his buddies bidding on it to get it up in price hoping someone jumps in at the end. A common ploy on ebay. I'd be willing to bet $$ it does not sell and stalls just below the reserve.
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(Yahmann @ Feb 7 2016, 11:20 PM) *

He has a reserve of $27k Plus - so I'll bet he has his buddies bidding on it to get it up in price hoping someone jumps in at the end. A common ploy on ebay. I'd be willing to bet $$ it does not sell and stalls just below the reserve.

+1
Most people with good cars set a high reserve and use Ebay for advertising.
Mike Fitton
Added a Buy-It-Now of $26,995.
rhodyguy
Those friends are known as 'shill bidders'.
914 iv
Shill bidders i would assume they do what you say but never herd the term as shill bidders thank's learned something new today.
Racer
Shill bidding happens when anyone—including family, friends, roommates, employees, or online connections—bids on an item with the intent to artificially increase its price or desirability.
87m491
this one certainly wants to set a record!

http://r.ebay.com/9WEijN
majkos
anybody notice the dash?
has later side defrost vents.

shouldn't it be centered?
majkos
I was referring to the $140,000 914-6.
gcrotvik
QUOTE(majkos @ Feb 24 2016, 07:32 AM) *

anybody notice the dash?
has later side defrost vents.

shouldn't it be centered?

The dash side vents are correct for a 73. They have the knurled edge at the top to move them from side to side. Later vents have a little tab handle instead.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.