Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: March 5th a/x Video
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Hope you enjoy this footage. Thanks to Mark for the upload.

Watch the speedo climb as I approach the end of the straightaways. Says near 80mph , but it's really 70.

Listen for the Hoosiers picking up the gravel. dry.gif

Layout is short warm up loop followed by two timed laps.
This stuff pumps me up. Listen for me tickle the rev limiter as it pegs 7k ohmy.gif

KT

RR PCA 3/5/05
J P Stein
I hope your passes don't take as long as this vid takes to load...ah, at last.

Ayup, bout 130 hp biggrin.gif
i love porsche
wow...big file...better be worth it! smilie_pokal.gif
rick 918-S
aktion035.gif driving.gif monkeydance.gif
SirAndy
you're letting off the gas too early. you need to work those brakes more ...

but i'm sure you already know that!
smilie_pokal.gif Andy
J P Stein
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Mar 19 2005, 02:25 PM)
you're letting off the gas too early. you need to work those brakes more ...
Andy

Wait....lemme write this down.......
Howard
Nice! You and your car are gonna love Willow! You'll get to stretch out the next gear. Please show your video cam mount setup.

Willow tour
Tom Perso
I don't care what the V8 guys say (and this is coming from a BIG 4 guy as well).

You can't beat a six conversion once you've got it installed and hear that sucker running up to 7k RPM. Man, does it sound sweet.

Nice work!

Later,
Tom
ben1440
this is in santa rosa??!! how did i not know this existed. well now i know what i will be doing once i get my 914 done
pete-stevers
mr Trekkor.....Fantastic clip smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif .....the sound of that six.....I can't wait for mine...and the big plus....my wife thinks autoXing looks relatively safe... biggrin.gif snicker snicker....
(soon we will all have sixes) smilie_pokal.gif
Trekkor
Howard, here's the cam mounted.

KT
Howard
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 20 2005, 09:41 PM)

KT

Thanks. Mine is similar, and a bit concerned that it's kinda close to my head...
Joe Bob
Mount it on the side of your helmet.....ya get to see wht YOU see when yer running.....isn't that what duct tape is fer?

I did it...great fun....
Joe Ricard
Nice run. sounded clean. didn't hear no cones. What do you do with the rock chips you will now have after them sticky tires kicked up half the course into the bottom of your car?

Motor sounds COOLL!!!!!
mskala
QUOTE (mikez @ Mar 21 2005, 01:34 AM)
Mount it on the side of your helmet.....ya get to see wht YOU see when yer running.....

Uh, it's a bit easier to do that with a bullet cam. I did that once
last season, it was cool to take a hairpin and see right out the
side (and prove I was looking ahead).

Trekkor try compressing these files, you're going to blow up us
modem guys. I get around 10Mb/minute for web-posting.
Brando
Trekkor, that seemed to be a pretty fast course. Your six sounds SWEET. At some points i was saying to myself "Upshift upshift! Downshift downshift!" Looks like you took it pretty damn fast (hurrah!). Seeing the looks on some of the other driver's faces when you finished... i think they all shared the same thought... "How am I going to beat that time?"

I so want to mount a camera for my next A-X. Maybe remove the passenger's seat and mount it there as if it were the passenger on a tripod, bolted to the floor? You'll see the car tilting horribly, though.
Root_Werks
Gotta love a six. cool.gif Very nice Trekkor, you rock! mueba.gif rocking nana.gif
914werke
QUOTE (Howard @ Mar 20 2005, 10:06 PM)
QUOTE (trekkor @ Mar 20 2005, 09:41 PM)

KT

Thanks. Mine is similar, and a bit concerned that it's kinda close to my head...

Howard you need a wide angle lens! Watching you vid. I got a crook in my neck trying to see OUT OF FRAME the next corner lol2.gif
Dave_Darling
Aha--the layout there started you out and sent you aaaaallllllll the way down to the back sweeper. My very first autoX had a similar layout, except I don't think there were any offsets on the way down.

A co-worker of mine was first car on course, and he asked me to ride along in his 911. I'd never even seen an autoX before, but I figured I knew what to expect out of a 3.0 SC. After all, I'd ridden with him on the street. rolleyes.gif

He got to 3rd gear on that straight, and kept his foot on the floor waaaaaaaaay past where I thought he should have been braking. Scared the living shit outta me!! I really thought we were going to wind up in the ditch.

It was a whole lot more fun when I got to drive my own car... Except for that minor point about the oil light coming on...

--DD
airsix
Trekkor,
Thanks for posting this! It was worth the big download (I prefer a lengthy download of a high-quality video to a short download of a postage-stamp sized video). Car sounds GREAT.

-Ben M.
sean_v8_914
with sundays AX fresh on the brain, I watched with a grin...twice wink.gif
how was your time?
was anyone from here at Fontana?
thanks for sharing
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.