Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone out there who wants to make WCR trophies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
Okay wondering if anyone feels the calling to be our WCR trophy maker confused24.gif . We will come up with something if nobody want's to do it. There have been some seriously cool trophies done over the years. We will gladly pay for materials. Anyway just figured to throw it up on the world & see if anyone was drawn to it.

I will get something figured for the awards if nobody wants to do something kinda special. Anyway if you have something in mind shoot me a PM. I've got 2 sweet one's made from Tranny gears & misc parts on my shelf from a previous WCR. I personally love that stuff. Hoping for something unique to give for awards smilie_pokal.gif
aircooledtechguy
How many do we need made??

I'm up for the challenge. . . smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif
Andyrew
I might be able to come up with some. I have 4 stock connecting rods from my Audi engine that I could weld to a base plate..
JRust
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 3 2016, 03:00 PM) *

How many do we need made??

I'm up for the challenge. . . smash.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif

Could be as few as 3 or as many as 10. LOL! Good question. Guess I need to narrow down how many we will be doing for the show & shine. Always varies a bit. What awards would people like to see.

Best of show 914 categories:
Original 4cylinder
Original 6 cylinder
Porsche Engine conversion (not just size but best overall job)
Water cooled Engine conversion (not just size but best overall job)
Flared 914 aktion035.gif
Coolest non 914
Furthest distance travelled
driving Project evilgrin.gif

How does that sound? I'm open to whatever

montoya 73 2.0
Don't forget the most important trophy, "That Guy" award! Leave room for us to cross out the "guy" so "Girl" can be written in if necessary!

aircooledtechguy
I'll offer to make trophies for:

"That guy/gal"
Furthest distance
Driving project
Porsche engine conversion
Best 4 cylinder

I could do more if need be.
JRust
QUOTE(aircooledtechguy @ Feb 3 2016, 05:24 PM) *

I'll offer to make trophies for:

"That guy/gal"
Furthest distance
Driving project
Porsche engine conversion
Best 4 cylinder

I could do more if need be.

That would be great. I'll see if Andrew is up for rest. Or if anyone else chimes in. Thanks Nate
aircooledtechguy
Cool. I'm on it!!
Andyrew
I can do

Original 6 cylinder
Water cooled Engine conversion (not just size but best overall job)
Flared 914 aktion035.gif
Coolest non 914

Andyrew
Jamie, do you guys want to do the engraved nameplates so they are all the same? I was looking at this place online. Looks like they can do them for $2ea plus shipping engraved. We can stick them on at the WCR.
https://m.crownawards.com/StoreFront/IAFDis...;searchType=TTL
JRust
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 4 2016, 06:58 AM) *

Jamie, do you guys want to do the engraved nameplates so they are all the same? I was looking at this place online. Looks like they can do them for $2ea plus shipping engraved. We can stick them on at the WCR.

That would be perfect. You guys just need to have a spot we can stick them. Thanks for being willing. Can't wait to see what you come up with.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(JRust @ Feb 4 2016, 10:21 AM) *

QUOTE(Andyrew @ Feb 4 2016, 06:58 AM) *

That would be perfect. You guys just need to have a spot we can stick them. Thanks for being willing. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Just let us know what size they are so we can leave a space large enough. I will NOT need a plate for the "That guy/gal" award. It's already done and turned out pretty sweet.
greenie
Just let us know what size they are so we can leave a space large enough. I will NOT need a plate for the "That guy/gal" award. It's already done and turned out pretty sweet.
[/quote]

This was a nice size! bye1.gif
JRust
How are the trophies coming guys? Kinda forgot to bump this a month ago sad.gif . Hope it was still on your minds & project list biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Had a buddy do the bases but I havent assembled them yet. This is what they will look like done.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.