Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carpet Glue
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
yeahmag
I'm getting ready to install some perlon carpets from 914 Rubber. What have people used successfully to glue it and other bits down? For example the Tac-It stuff I have has failed on my dash material...

3M Super 77 is in the running right now...
mark04usa
QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 3 2016, 04:32 PM) *

I'm getting ready to install some perlon carpets from 914 Rubber. What have people used successfully to glue it and other bits down? For example the Tac-It stuff I have has failed on my dash material...

I just did a carpet install recently, and the 3M Super 77 worked great.
porschetub
QUOTE(mark04usa @ Feb 4 2016, 11:36 AM) *

QUOTE(yeahmag @ Feb 3 2016, 04:32 PM) *

I just did a carpet install recently, and the 3M Super 77 worked great.

Any contact glue that has a high temp rating and is waterproof will do,be aware that some don't allow for you to reposition the carpet if its out of line,some do.
I've using the so called "new age' waterbased clues lately and have had very good results.
Larmo63
Use 3M #90, not #77……..

It comes in a big spray can, spray it on BOTH sides of the areas that you want to adhere.
Bulldog9
#77 is great for the carpet set, but #80 or 90 should be used around the floorboards/pedals (at least on the 911) This is what Bob at Classic 9 told me.
yeahmag
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Feb 3 2016, 07:34 PM) *

Use 3M #90, not #77……..

It comes in a big spray can, spray it on BOTH sides of the areas that you want to adhere.

I'm a bit leary of the 90 due to it's quick set time. That's the main reason I was leaning towards 77. More time to get it right.
pete000
I used Super 77 on my dash square weave and in a year it popped off. I don't feel it is strong enough over time. I have switched to the 3M 90 and Worth adhesives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.