Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Joe is still alive
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jsayre914
Hey guys (and gals)

It has been a really rough year for me. I dropped off of 914world for the last year or more, I am doing the best I can, making the best of my situation, what else is there to do?

My 914 has been down since Sept 2014, blew a plug out of the hole! first.gif Pulled the motor, put new threads in the head, and zero compression. Planned on pulling the head and fixing before Hershey 2015 if you remember this thread

JOE EMERGENCY THREAD lol

however......

Things went south with my marriage of 10 years and I separated from my wife in Jan of 2015. Car went into storage along with whatever other items I had to store. House was sold, I am now in a studio apartment in York City a few blocks from where I was living. The last year has been court. court. custody. court. etc. etc. Nothing is resolved and seems no end in sight, some of you can relate I am sure. Not much time for 914world or hobbys, working all the time day and night trying to stay above water.

On the bright side, my apartment did come with a garage, and I have a great Landlord who figured out real quick that I have some handyman skills, so he gave me permission to fix up the garage when I first got the apartment. I do get my kids on the weekends and I am doing just fine. Thank you for checking in on me, I do feel like 914world will always be family. I will get it all figured out and one day be back every day to post ridiculous pictures of snow and 914s and stereos etc etc

And of course I took a picture, what the heck is a thread without a pic lol biggrin.gif

(my 914 during the blizzard a week ago)

porschetub
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Feb 4 2016, 11:57 AM) *

Hey guys (and gals)

It has been a really rough year for me. I dropped off of 914world for the last year or more, I am doing the best I can, making the best of my situation, what else is there to do?

My 914 has been down since Sept 2014, blew a plug out of the hole! first.gif Pulled the motor, put new threads in the head, and zero compression. Planned on pulling the head and fixing before Hershey 2015 if you remember this thread

JOE EMERGENCY THREAD lol

however......

Things went south with my marriage of 10 years and I separated from my wife in Jan of 2015. Car went into storage along with whatever other items I had to store. House was sold, I am now in a studio apartment in York City a few blocks from where I was living. The last year has been court. court. custody. court. etc. etc. Nothing is resolved and seems no end in sight, some of you can relate I am sure. Not much time for 914world or hobbys, working all the time day and night trying to stay above water.

On the bright side, my apartment did come with a garage, and I have a great Landlord who figured out real quick that I have some handyman skills, so he gave me permission to fix up the garage when I first got the apartment. I do get my kids on the weekends and I am doing just fine. Thank you for checking in on me, I do feel like 914world will always be family. I will get it all figured out and one day be back every day to post ridiculous pictures of snow and 914s and stereos etc etc

And of course I took a picture, what the heck is a thread without a pic lol biggrin.gif

(my 914 during the blizzard a week ago)

Feel for you man,life throws a few curved balls eh,went through hell with my wifes passing @ end of 2014,places like this help take your mind of the BS around you,car time is good to take your mind of things also.
Good luck with your new life.
jsayre914
Just because you guys sent me an email to check on me, I got enough motivation to send an email to Tony. going to try to have the 914 on his lift this Monday, then at least he can tell me what I broke this time. piratenanner.gif
struckn
piratenanner.gif

Hi Joe, sorry to hear of you troubles, but happy to know you're still around and working on your 914. You're a Living Legend, and each year we hang on every Post as to "will he make it to Hershey?"

Come to think of it, you're not alone in your quest you know. Zach hasn't been heard from in a while, hopefully he'll get his Megasquirt gremlins worked out.

If you need a ride, hopefully not, to the goings on in Hershey, let me know.

beerchug.gif
jsayre914
QUOTE(struckn @ Feb 3 2016, 06:39 PM) *

. You're a Living Legend, and each year we hang on every Post as to "will he make it to Hershey?"

living legend....

LMFAO

thank you Doug
Big Len
I feel your pain.

As someone who went through what you're going through (and add not only a trial, but an appeal as plaintiff wasn't happy with the court's decsion), let me give you the my advise. Limit your emotions as best you can. You MUST approach this as a business deal. The past history doesn't mean shit anymore, it's the future only. Always try to be the better person, not that you have to give in to every bs demand, but for the kids. Never say anything bad about your ex in front of them. And believe me, it will get better over time.
DBCooper
QUOTE(Big Len @ Feb 3 2016, 04:10 PM) *

Never say anything bad about your ex in front of them. And believe me, it will get better over time.

True, that. I never said anything bad and now, almost twenty years later, my kids tell ME about those same things I never talked about. Funny how it evolves, but always for the better. Couldn't have gotten worse, could it? Better all the time.

Cairo94507
Feel your pain, probably most of us can relate. I went through divorce in 1984 and it cost me everything I had at the time. Fortunately we had no children.

Been married 30 years now and lucky to have found the woman I have who puts up with me and my car hobby.

Keep your head up and let the past go. Glad to see you back on here. I hope you get the 914 running to help relieve some of the stress. Cheers my friend. beerchug.gif
914_teener
Joe.....

Hang in there. Time will heal all. I have been through this as well.

I kept my car through it all.....kept me sane.....ironically if you can believe that.

mepstein
Hi Joe bye1.gif
BeemerSteve
Hello Joe!

I don't know you but I share your situation. After 25 years of marriage, 2 daughters, 4 houses and many, many memories my now ex wanted to be single again. Maybe her midlife kicked in (she's 12 yrs younger I'm 63) but the facts were there and she was making my life miserable so I decided to give her what she wanted. She didn't understand the impact she would place on our children during and after the divorce but wouldn't reconcile and continued her quest.

My daughters thought I abandoned them which in reality the Mom did by breaking the family up.
Anyway, after the divorce lawyers got their cut, she got most of my retirement and splitting the house in half in a down turned economy, my business taking a big economic hit, child support and loosing 175k I moved on. I'm now trying to build back my retirement, my business and not take life to serious yet.

Its been almost 5 years since the divorce my kids are now talking to me and most of all I don't hear from the ex complaining about "what she wants"!
Life for me is a start over and one of the biggest things that's keeping me going is my 914 project that one day when finished I will enjoy driving.

I can only say.....pick something YOU enjoy doing and love to do just go for it everything else will fall into place then shades.gif get better.
Puebloswatcop
Welcome Back Joe. I know what you are going through been there myself (twice) but it gets better. You got the 914 so go have fun and live a little. beerchug.gif
r_towle
The legend of Joe continues.

so, joe, will you be driving your car to Hershey this year?

Rich
euro911
I never know what to say when it comes to a divorce ... "sorry to hear", or "glad to hear" - I guess it all depends on the particular circumstances, eh? confused24.gif

In any event, glad to see you back on the forum, and only wishing the best for you, Joe beerchug.gif
CatDaddy60
Glad your talking. And that your back. There is a light at the end of the tunnel and its not a train. Welcome back.
76-914
Sorry for your loss and glad your back. You need to visit the "Bro Den" thread in the Sandbox shades.gif where your plight can be truly appreciated. biggrin.gif
EdwardBlume
Hang in there. Get your car running. Take a deep breath once in awhile.
r_towle
Meh, he is gone again...
jsayre914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 4 2016, 10:18 PM) *

Meh, he is gone again...

shades.gif

Confirmed, Tony will have it on the lift Monday
JRust
Good to see you back! Love blue on a 914 wub.gif . Sorry to hear about the trouble with the divorce. I never hear to many positive's about it from anyone. Tough deal with the kids & only getting them part time. I feel for you. As said above just be the better person always. Be there for your kids whenever & wherever they are. Sounds like you are moving in a good direction. Keep your chin up & get to working on your 914 again. Driving them is very therapeutic driving.gif
Porschef
Wow, the return of the legendary Mr. Salty himself! smoke.gif

Glad to see you're back, and getting back on your feet. Couldn't have been much fun, going thru all that. At least, you've still got the car.

Which begs the question...

Hershey, or not? Should we start a pool? poke.gif biggrin.gif

jsayre914
Glad to be back.

beerchug.gif beer3.gif
r_towle
I am in.
Here is the deal.
I will buy joe dinner and a beer if he drives his 914.

Everyone else, start racking up a bar tab for joe if he drives his 914
jsayre914
QUOTE(r_towle @ Feb 5 2016, 05:48 PM) *

I am in.
Here is the deal.
I will buy joe dinner and a beer if he drives his 914.

Everyone else, start racking up a bar tab for joe if he drives his 914

aktion035.gif driving.gif

DEAL
jsayre914
Deliverd to Translog.....

Update soon.
jsayre914
popcorn[1].gif
VaccaRabite

piratenanner.gif

Hi Joe, sorry to hear of you troubles, but happy to know you're still around and working on your 914. You're a Living Legend, and each year we hang on every Post as to "will he make it to Hershey?"

Come to think of it, you're not alone in your quest you know. Zach hasn't been heard from in a while, hopefully he'll get his Megasquirt gremlins worked out.

beerchug.gif

I don't want to clutter up Joe's welcome back thread. But I'm in a similar boat right now and have not been on much at all.

Zach
struckn
QUOTE(Vacca Rabite @ Feb 8 2016, 05:30 AM) *

piratenanner.gif

beerchug.gif

I don't want to clutter up Joe's welcome back thread. But I'm in a similar boat right now and have not been on much at all.

Zach

Zach, hope there's nothing serious going on. Not going to pry.

bye1.gif
blackmoon
Joe,

good luck its all better on the other side, having been there and going through it now., wishing you the best and yes get the 914 finished
rgolia
I'll buy Joe a beer at Hersey...maybe two beer3.gif
Mark Henry
Good to see you back Joe, it's a hard road, but it's good to see you moving forward.

Zach wishing you the best, take care of the important things, we'll still be here for you when you get back.
jsayre914
Thanks for all the words of wisdom guys

beerchug.gif

Still waiting to hear from Tony slap.gif
r_towle
So....
How's it going?
struckn
popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
Its going....

popcorn[1].gif
jsayre914
Just purchased a 100 year old farmhouse in Baltimore. Needs a little TLC

rolleyes.gif
struckn
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 4 2016, 04:13 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

Wow Joe, that's sounds pretty cool.
Where is it in Baltimore?
I'm sure you wont miss the I83 commute to Baltimore, or the traffic.

FYI...Tractor Supply now has Baby Chickens and Roosters for sale.

bye1.gif
Robert21
Good times miss you JoeClick to view attachment
saigon71
QUOTE(jsayre914 @ Mar 4 2016, 07:13 PM) *

rolleyes.gif

Congrats Joe!

Does it have a garage? poke.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.