Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New Porsche 914 Book
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
maf914
I was browsing Amazon and ran across a new 914 book. Not yet published.

http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Racing-914s-...rds=porsche+914
stevegm
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 4 2016, 11:04 AM) *

I was browsing Amazon and ran across a new 914 book. Not yet published.

http://www.amazon.com/Porsche-Racing-914s-...rds=porsche+914

Roy has done a lot of research and this should be a great book. It will be out in the Fall. We'll review it in Fourteener magazine too.
bandjoey
Wow. I have to live up to my 914 Csob reputation. $120 will buy a new tire, a right side mirrow, or a box of 914rubber stuff. I'll have to wait for the paperback. huh.gif
maf914
The Amazon price has now dropped to $102, still not exactly cheap. The prices of books from Veloce Publishing often seem to start out high and sometimes come down, perhaps based on demand. I don't know if "limited edition of 1500 copies" and a subject of the 914 will mean the price will remain as is or come down further. Or if there will be a paperback edition later on. We need someone in the auto book business to comment. idea.gif

As for book quality, I have the two Alpine & Renault Sports Prototypes books by Roy P Smith, and think they are both good, so I hope the 914 book is also good. I would like to know how extensive the coverage of the 914 in US competition is.
stevegm
QUOTE(maf914 @ Feb 7 2016, 11:51 AM) *

The Amazon price has now dropped to $102, still not exactly cheap. The prices of books from Veloce Publishing often seem to start out high and sometimes come down, perhaps based on demand. I don't know if "limited edition of 1500 copies" and a subject of the 914 will mean the price will remain as is or come down further. Or if there will be a paperback edition later on. We need someone in the auto book business to comment. idea.gif

IIRC, the book has about 100,000 words and 400 photos. If that is the case, it will be about 400 pages long. So a fairly large book.
maddin
because it's not released yet you will pay the lowest price between placing the order and the actual release.:-)
cal914
We've bought ours
K/B
Middlefour
This is going to be a great book!! Roy is a real enthusiast with some great contacts in the motor sport world and at the factory. I know Roy well and this will be a very well researched and presented book, can't wait to get my copy.
Michael N
Book should have been released on 9-14-16 rather than 9-15-16. blink.gif

Click to view attachment
Michael N
An actual commercial was created for the book....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnzbayOdQj4

I can hardly wait until Christmas morning.
wes
Ordered mine back in Febuary!
Chris914n6
Down to $88.80

"Hardcover: 320 pages
Publisher: Veloce Publishing; Limited edition (December 1, 2016)"
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.