Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nice 914 Hat!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
The wife and I took the Elise out today for a spin on some of the back country roads in Lake County.

On the way, we stopped at the Yalaha Country Bakery in Yalaha, FL.

http://www.yalahabakery.com

This facility (in the middle of nowhere) is owned by a nice German couple and they make VERY authentic German breads, pastries and tortes. The place was packed with people who drove in for treats.

They have a little courtyard out back where you can dine in the sun (or under an umbrella cafe style). There is entertainment from 10 am to 12 noon on Saturdays. They have a grill and serve awesome bratwurst, potato salad and sauerkraut. German beers are available.

Anyways.. the Elise was parked in the small parking lot and had a steady stream of visitors checking out the unusual car.

As we were packing up the Elise (or actually trying to figure out where to stash all of the breads and pastries we bought), this SUV pulls up.

I hear a distinct German male accent...

"Iz zat zee new Lotus?"

"Yes," I respond

"It looks very nice. Zee yello kolor iz perfekt"

And then the lady driver leans over and says, "Nice Hat!"

I look at her sort of puzzled...

She says, I work for Porsche North America.... I like your 914 hat!

I just smile.

smile.gif

seanery
uh-oh...we're busted! ohmy.gif
Qarl
Nahh..... she gave me the thumbs up!

Susan and I had on our matching burgundy 914club hats...

smilie_pokal.gif
Steve Thacker
That means there are a few renegades who love us teeners at PNA. When the Wine & Cheese group fade off in the distance over time, we will still be around. If course we will have absorbed all the 911 engines to be had. laugh.gif
ChrisFix
Karl,

I saw an orange Elise in Chapel Hill this afternoon as I was enjoying a nice spring drive in my 914 - my first 'real world' spotting. Also, if you are ever in Chapel Hill (extended Elise or 914 drive perhaps?) and in need of a German bakery fix, check out our local favorite http://www.guglhupf.com/index.html. It's authentic from the ovens to the imported German bakers - really something special. They've even been featured on Food Network.

By the way, I've received the fog lamp seals last week and plan on using them tommorow. Thanks for the prompt delivery. This forum makes 914 ownership feel like an extended family - very nice indeed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.