Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Column
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tom73
Anyone got an exploded view of a '71 steering column? My 71 came with an after market wheel and I am putting it back to the stock wheel. But appears that I am missing a few parts. Just need to compare what is there with what should be there smile.gif

tom...
Rhodes71/914
I don't have any exploded diagrams but I have had mine out and apart recently, maybe I can answer ?s.
KaptKaos
Have you seen the 914 Pet program? It shows the exploded view of all of the sub assmeblies. Search for it on the forums. Let me know if you can't find it.
Tom73
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Mar 19 2005, 08:21 PM)
I don't have any exploded diagrams but I have had mine out and apart recently, maybe I can answer ?s.

I have gotten an original steering wheel to put on my '71 (Taking the aftermarket off). It appears that there is a spacer/collar that fits between the wheel and the column. But I do not see it in any of the parts listings. I know something is missing there but not sure what it is or what it is called.

tom...
KaptKaos
QUOTE (Tom73 @ Mar 19 2005, 08:43 PM)
QUOTE (Rhodes71/914 @ Mar 19 2005, 08:21 PM)

I have gotten an original steering wheel to put on my '71 (Taking the aftermarket off). It appears that there is a spacer/collar that fits between the wheel and the column. But I do not see it in any of the parts listings. I know something is missing there but not sure what it is or what it is called.

tom...

It could be this:

914 347 174 00 BUSH

or

914 347 835 00 CANCELLING RING

Those are the only things I see there. Not sure what the bush is, but that's the part number.

Tom73
I borrowed this pic from EBay, not the right year but close. What is missing is that section behind the wheel and in front of the turn signal and wiper levers. Have no idea what is inside of that section that I may also need.

user posted image

tom...
Tom73
QUOTE (KaptKaos @ Mar 19 2005, 08:42 PM)
Have you seen the 914 Pet program? It shows the exploded view of all of the sub assmeblies. Search for it on the forums. Let me know if you can't find it.

I tried the search function but came up empty.

tom...
KaptKaos
Unfortunately, it only specifies the following:

914 347 804 10 STEERING WHEELHARD-RUBBER RING

Might be that hard rubber ring thing, but its part of the wheel assembly.

Hope that helps.
Dr Evil
I may have one still, if you want it. Just pay postage.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.