Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 dash with green gauges and chrome bezels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rupert14
Here are my progress pics. 911 dash conversion, early 912 gauges that are correct for use in the 914, those polished aluminum gauge bezels from ebay, LED gauge lights going in, new rubber sprayed on the floor, back pad area painted black, new carpet, gauge console with sub, speaker pods with 150 watt speakers, Sony Xplod deck, new (used) seats and back pad, etc etc etc

Another week or two and it will be done. I also got vintage plates so I don't have to get it inspected and the tags never expire. Register once for life. I just replaced the rear calipers and rubber lines and there is a strong late 2.0 with dual carbs and a custom exhaust. It has one 8 inch glass pack and it dumps right from the header. Kind of loud but sounds great. Hope to be at the swap meet thing coming soon.

Bob

I already have flares, He he he he laugh.gif
rupert14
more
rupert14
more
rupert14
more
rupert14
more
rupert14
This is what a completed dash looks like
Qarl
I think those gauges in your car are going to look sweet! smilie_pokal.gif

Way to go for something different!

clap.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (rupert14 @ Mar 19 2005, 07:37 PM)
...I also got vintage plates so I don't have to get it inspected and the tags never expire. Register once for life.

I already have flares, He he he he laugh.gif

be careful.

technically, adding the flares can take you out of the terms of the Vintage Plate program.
it's a fine line. you could probably win by showing your COA that proves you have a factory M471 car.

i'll be trying the same thing with my '71 911E that has "some mods." as a car that looks just like mine will would still be visually eligible for the plates, i'm not expecting any problems, but if there *are* problems, they will probably be sticky to deal with ...

just a heads-up ...
Steve Thacker
clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

Excellent work, thats the path...being unique

We would like to see that car at the MWC. Can you make it? Go ahead be daring. Hook up with some fellow teeners and caravan to the show. Meet up with us in Columbus or nearby and we can all go up together. Jump on 70 W and hammer it in, the rest will be a blast.
rupert14
Thanks for the heads up on the plates. I figured since I already have the plates, no one would know enough about 914's to pull me over and site me for adding flares. If it is a problem, I will go with classic plates. They still need inspection but now emissions. I will only be here another 1.5 years, and I plan on keeping the vintage plates when I move until someone makes me change them. As long as they don't expire, I will just deal with it if I ever get ticketed. I plan to go with a major HP upgrade in a couple years. I am a dentist specializing at Temple university so I should have the funds to make it a screamer when I finish my pediatric specialty. I am thinking flares, aluminum V8, heavily modified suby twin turbo, or possably a late porsche motor. Time will tell. For now, I will add the rear gt spoiler, tint the windows, and finish the interior. The 2.0 with dual carbs, lightened flywheel, and exhaust are adequate for a good time. I am hoping to get to my first AX race here sometime soon.

Bob
Qarl
How about a closer shot of the gauges with some better lighting... they look B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!
Eric_Shea
Great work Bob smilie_pokal.gif

What's the color of your car?
redshift
Looks Berberavenna!

huh.gif

M
Kerrys914
Good choice on color wink.gif
Qarl
Eerily similar....

user posted image
nein14
Bob, those gauges you got from me look Great! wish I still had my Green GT. aktion035.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 19 2005, 07:28 PM)
Eerily similar....

user posted image

huh.gif agree.gif wub.gif Both of them wub.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (Qarl @ Mar 19 2005, 07:28 PM)
user posted image

There was a yellow one of these SCCA racing at PIR on Saturday. They are itty-bitty cars! I was surprised at how small it is...think Miata but smaller smile.gif
Joe Bob
Size of the car matches the penis? Right Qarl?

dry.gif
Brando
Those gauges you have look awesome. Retro-a-la 356 style smile.gif
rupert14
Here are some better daytime pics. I will try to get better pics of the gauges. Last night I got the carpet, console, stereo installed. I will take a pic of my progress and post that too.
rupert14
The color is very close to the lotus color.
rupert14
Here is what the gauges look like. The color is the same
rupert14
tach
rupert14
temp fuel
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.